HMS Holland 1

Hi

I was thinking about building this one, but bit out of the box, as a little diorama of the sub as it looked just prior to soaking in sodium carbonate. I've seen one picture of it and looked great for play with corrosion effects, something different. Has anyone some nice pictures of it in that period?

Cheers

Mick 

Try The Submarine Pioneers: The Beginnings of Underwater Warfare by Richard Compton-Hall. Old book, but a good one and entertainingly written. Some good photos of early Holland, A, C class types. Worth a read if you're interested in the subject.

Are you building a kit or starting from scratch?

Will

I have Mikro-Mir 1:144 kit. I mean how she looked like in early nineties. It was treated for corrosion after being recovered, but by the mentioned time it became apparent that the treatment was unsuccessful, it looked like pile of rust ( funnily enough that didn't include the white part of it ). They built a tank around it and soaked it in sodium carbonite for 4 years. That did the job, as can be seen on up to date pictures ;) When photobucket stops playing silly buggers, I'll post that picture I've mentioned

Edited by Michael M