Star Trek 1/2500 ships

Carrying on with my Star Trek build, heres some further models, picture heavy.

USS Enterprise 1701 refit, 1701-A refit, 1701-B, USS Reliant, K'Tinga D7.

All the models are by AMT, very easy to build but be warned not for the faint hearted, the Enterprise B had approx. 60 decals, refit A 52 decals and so on, only the K'Tinga had 9.

1701 refit

DSC_3453_zpsxg9g0p1j.jpgDSC_3454_zpsjlfbepiz.jpg

DSC_3455_zpsogjjzfnb.jpgDSC_3456_zpsklgoecj9.jpg

1701-A

DSC_3461_zpsbw37ngn3.jpgDSC_3460_zpsmytkxds9.jpg

DSC_3462_zpsw5syj5w2.jpgDSC_3463_zpsfcg4odgd.jpg

1701-B

DSC_3470_zpsdnqfnvjy.jpgDSC_3469_zps1lcnwlkz.jpg

DSC_3471_zps9jalmycg.jpgDSC_3472_zps1jp6xupw.jpg

USS Reliant

DSC_3466_zpsjbdwha4x.jpgDSC_3464_zpscrm6xyzc.jpg

DSC_3467_zpsxrvxyqaz.jpgDSC_3468_zpskyc2x05l.jpg

K'Tinga D7

DSC_3457_zpssw1rmwzd.jpgDSC_3458_zpsoxnvvt88.jpg

DSC_3459_zpsidnz0x9v.jpg

And finally displayed together, ongoing project.

DSC_3476_zpshhbkjyrl.jpg

All the best Chris, trying to boldly go to Telford.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Madmonk said:

Great work Chris, is that a 5ltr Humbrol paint pot you are using for size comparison!!

Cheers Warren, i wish 14ml standard variety tin, 5 ltr would be a nice size to build. Hoping to have the display in a work in progress state Smallspace, still got a few more ships and a space station to go before completed.

Mick about the decals, the five ships above generally ok, key is a satin paint finish and split the application over 3-4 days as once on the slightest touch lifts them, so work an area then leave to set and finally seal with a satin cote.

The one thing i will say is that the decals for the A dont line up around the saucer section, leaving the front windows offset, which once they are on they are very hard to move without copious amounts of water, also in some places the carrier film needs to be trimmed right up to the decal.

Currently doing the enterprise C, the primary hull decals (4-5 inch diameter) disentegrated on touch once applied, have sourced a replacement set from federationmodels.com, so the C is ready but no decals on as they are in the bin.

The D is in paint at the moment so no idea about the decals yet, fingers crossed they seem in smaller sections than the C was which helps, i hope.

The E is somewhere in between, give them a good soaking before trying to apply to the point they lift off the backing, the larger decals are brittle, had a couple of breaks but joined ok when applied.

So far as only done the top half and engines, watch out for the engine decals they go on ok but the top blue section to the engines breaks up once applied with the slightest touch. So some covering paintwork required once sealed.

if i find any more problems ill let you know.

All the best Chris

• Like 1