Mini Art 1/16th Gladiator - finished this morning...

Hi Guys

Here are some pics of my latest figure - the Mini Art Gladiator in 16th scale. Not too happy with this one as I mucked up the joints on the leading leg plate/padding. Still - we live and learn, don't we?

GladDisplayVw.jpg

Base is painted MDF with a bit of desert texture

GladSideVwR.jpg

GladBackVw2.jpg

GladBackVw.jpg

GladSideVwL.jpg

GladFacingVw.jpg

GladTopVw.jpg

I did add a plume to his helmet, otherwise it's straight from the box.

Thanks for looking

Kev

• Like 9

Thanks Darby

What you say is perfectly true - however, as I'm sure all modellers do, I did paint in his eyes. ;)

Would've liked to display his face, but Mini Art decided not to put ears on him. The bald head I could cope with, but without ears I had no choice but to put his full helmet on.

This was intended to be a relatively quick build so I wasn't going to spend time making ears from Milliput, which would've been one way round the problem.

Cheers

Kev

Thanks Andy

If you do tackle one of this range, be prepared for a fight. The Gladiator is (apparently) one of the better fitting ones, and it has only a couple of issues (the leading leg plate and padding being the one that caught me out). I've also got the French Cuirassier and the horse on that one is right 'bear'! In order to get it together and narrow enough for the rider to be mounted is going to take some industrial engineering. I figure I'll use a plastic threaded rod through the back end with plastic "tapered end" nuts - screw it and glue it, then cut off the excess and make good the surface. The whole thing will have to be Epoxied together to ensure it doesn't spring open at a later date.

Cheers

Kev

Often wondered what these MiniArt figures are like, having heard mixed reports.  You've certainly done a sterling job of this one :goodjob:

BillyD

Thanks Billy, thanks taff

I don't think I'll tackle the Cuirassier again for a while (let the dust settle ;)) - my next figure will probably be the Nuts Planet Knight of Heaven, which I'm awaiting delivery of. A nice easy resin kit, what a joy that'll be :D

Good luck with the Hoplite, taff - look forward to seeing that when you're done.

In the meantime, away from the organic and back to the mechanical - I have a JPS Lotus that has been languishing...

Cheers

Kev

3 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

very nice modelling - I know this kit but have not seen it made up - brilliant

Thanks John - this one is definitely worth making. I toyed with the idea of adding some blood, but rejected it and kept it 'clean'. Glad I did, cos it looks nice and fresh.

Cheers

Kev