Hello!

Witness

Hi all! I'm Ollie, I'm from Worcestershire, and ill be hanging round here asking some questions! 

I used to make models as a young boy without any real care for realism, but gave up when I started on 1/32 jets and got bogged down with details and decals! 

I walked away from the hobby for about 10 years, but while picking up some glue for an RC Plane I stepped into the scale models section, and was tempted to step back in and have a go, so my second round is currently :

- 1/72 Revell Spad Xiii

I saw the kit with paints included for a couple of quid, and couldn't resist starting the hobby up again. The moulding showed the kits true  age but I threw it together and painted it over a weekend, and really enjoyed it! 

-1/72 Airfix Spitfire & BF109 

picked these 2 up the next weekend. Fantastic fit and finish, would recommend these to anyone. 

1/72 Revell F16 (Solo Turk) 

The fit of this kit was great, but I let it down by messing up the complex decal pattern. I vowed never to apply a decal without Mr Softer going forward! 

1/72 Academy F/a-18c

Really liked this kit, first time using my Sparmax airbrush which was excellent also. I could feel myself losing interest when it came to decalling, so rather than giving up on the hobby a second time I just went for all the larger decals and called it quits. 

1/72 Academy F/A-18F 

Phenomenal design for a kit, could be snap fit and stickered in an afternoon by a child or built with glue and painted as I'm doing, I'm at the painting stage and have decided that this will be the first kit that I apply all decals too, at any cost! 

I'll be floating between here and the ARC Forums, so ill see you all around! 

PS I'm a wheels - up modeller for life! 

I'm into 1/48 wingy things, but I'm wheels down and proud, it's a pleasure to welcome another aircraft nut to BM.

Guilty secret: I often miss some of the tiny stencil type decals - life's too short.

Gorby