Linking images on Flickr to BM

Recently switched to Flickr having lost patience with Photobucket but I can't seem to post images, just links to those images.  See what I mean below.  Any help out there?

5425492406_fcf59e2eee_c.jpg

34655681653_f3b663da66_c.jpg

35425489246_529295f195_c.jpg

34624023364_b93c73e3e0_c.jpg

34624022094_c02c2ce44f_c.jpg

35425483336_7617636ac0_c.jpg

I don't know what it is but I never have issues with PB like some here Though I had the same as you but the other way round... unable to do pics here from flicker.....?????

35425492406_fcf59e2eee_c.jpg

No problems here - I just followed the link from your first post, copied the URL from the resulting address bar, pasted it into my post, and it turned into a picture, as if by magic! ^_^  Give it a go :)

• Like 2

34938691723_6c086773d7_m.jpg

ooh.... good old copy / paste for Flickr photos really works!!!

I might even post a few of my completed models - If I get the courage up!

Cheers and thanks.. Dave

Ebay 504

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, neil5208 said:

Tried this and all I get is that there is no image at the requested location, any ideas?

Neil,

I just went to my 'new' Flickr account and copied my image just by using the 'right click - copy' function on my mouse.

Then I went back to BM, 'right clicked - paste' and presto - another larger image appeared as per my post above.

I'm still not convinced I know what I'm doing, however this seemed to work for me.

Cheers... Dave.

• Like 2

Hi all,

I'm looking your specific  blow by blow instructions for inserting images from Flickr. I am getting out of the PB farcical world! I have tried the various instructions above all I can do is paste a link and not embed an image :(. RabbitLeader and Intruder503's process allows access to all to all your Flickr albums :(.

Thanks!

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

Get a Flickr account. Use the cloud with a up-pointing arrow icon to download pictures.

When downloaded, go to Photostream and pick a picture that you want to post.

Left click on the picture, then click on the little right-pointing arrow icon.

In the pop-up window, choose " EMBED ". Then choose a size, if needed.

Copy the blue highlighted line of code.

Go back to Britmodeller and paste it in the Reply box.

Yer done!

IMG_0002

Chris

• Like 2

Ah ha! Thanks Chris!

All done but ...... if you then click on the image you can access my photos. How do you stop that?  See

M

Edited by RidgeRunner

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ah ha! Thanks Chris!

All done but ...... if you then click on the image you can access my photos. How do you stop that?  See

M

There are a couple of ways to do that.

When you past in the URL from the 'share' and then 'BBcode' option and then past that in to the forum you can edit it and remove the bits of BBCode to the left and right of the IMG and /IMG  tags.

Alternatively, you can go back in to your post after you have created it, edit it, and hover over the picture then press 'CTRL' on the keyboard and right click on the mouse and select 'remove link' from the menu.

Hope this helps

Karl

Edited by Karl

BTW Flickr requires the images to link back to them: https://www.flickr.com/help/guidelines

Link back to Flickr when you post your Flickr content elsewhere.

Flickr makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to other web sites. Pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr. This provides a way to get more information about the content and the photographer.

A quick question about Flickr.

This is probably a stupid question..my apologies if I've posted it in the wrong place; mods please feel free to move/ delete it if I have, or I'll hide it and post in the right place.

Privacy setttings: 

All of my photographs are set to 'private'. In e.g. the app they have the 'padlock' symbol on them in the Photostream.

If I make just one photo 'Public', so that I can have it in a thread; if people click on that photo,  can they then go and look at all the photographs in my Photostream?

Even I've set them all as private? Is the one I made 'public' kind of a 'door in'?

I prefer to upload all I take at a certain time in batches, then edit them, keeping them marked  'private' until I'm happy that they're ready for the thread.

Thanks in advance for any advice

TonyT

Having had a quick play with changing some of my pics from Photo-kicked the-bucket, I have discovered that the photo's have to be Public, or they won't show.

There is also a safety level- safe, moderate, or restricted (something to do with how "naughty" the pics are I presume) - so I changed mine to safe.

Tony, I wouldn't have thought anyone would be able to click-through from a "public" pic to see any "private" pics - defeats the point otherwise.

Edit: Just found that if you click "You" and select Organize in Flickr you can select what photo's you want to change privacy settings for in bulk, rather than one at a time. You can also change other settings as well.

Edited by Bigdave22014

KGV1

Just testing my photo post from Flickr. Just discovered how easy it is to copy and paste from the address bar above the picture in Flickr.  I think the image size is too big.

Edited by Clogged
Needed text
  • Like 1

I've just downloaded the Flickr app onto my IPad and tried to post an image onto BM, using said IPad. No joy! anyone here got any how-to hints?

I need this in case I'm stuck somewhere with just my IPad, like I was last year during the evac.

Chris

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I've just downloaded the Flickr app onto my IPad and tried to post an image onto BM, using said IPad. No joy! anyone here got any how-to hints?

I need this in case I'm stuck somewhere with just my IPad, like I was last year during the evac.

Chris

I gave up trying to embed photos from Flickr using an ipad or similar.  Can't grab the code properly.  The app is usefull fro uploading my photos from my phone but I have to use a PC or laptop when embedding to a site like this.

size wise i've always found 1024 width is a good size for pictures and Flickr gives you that option if you use the share / embed function.  I don't know if you can change the size if you copy from the address bar.