Airfix 1/48 Stuka New Tool

Plasto

Afaik the only addition you need to go from b1 to r are the wing tanks.  Mr google seems to think these are included but not 100% sure.

Not quite as simple as that.  Most Ju 87Rs were based on the B-2 airframe.  The Airfix kit is a B-1.  There were Ju 87R-1s, used with considerable success in the Norwegian campaign but photographs and info I have seen suggests they had been updated with the later ejector exhausts as seen on the B-2.  I don't know what extra parts are in the 1/48 box but the boxtop shows only the earlier exhausts. 

In the box you get b2 style exhausts parts 13 and 14 a broad blades  prop part 21 and under wing tanks... 

Are the differnent Exhausts and omission of sirens the only decernable external difference between a b1 and b2??? 

Edited by Plasto

33 minutes ago, Plasto said:

In the box you get b2 style exhausts parts 13 and 14 a broad blades  prop part 21 and under wing tanks... 

Are the differnent Exhausts and omission of sirens the only decernable external difference between a b1 and b2??? 

No, the B-1 vs B-2 has thinner blades and a different radiator,  though some upgrades were progressively introduced on the B-1

B-1

Junkers_Ju_87_B-1_of_6-StG_77_named_Anto

B-2, note deeper rad with flaps

ju87b2_4.jpg

in the linked review pars shots I can see two spinners as well.

The siren was easy enough to remove, as always, try to find a pic of the plane you wish to model, or ask here.

HTH

• Like 2

The Airfix kit gives you all the options for the siren, you can have it, cap it off (stub without the prop) or have no siren. No extra work required. It's a beautifully engineered kit and a joy to build.

Thanks guys...

Airfix are releasing the B2/R2 later this year so I was wondering if the Parts for the B2 are already in the B1 boxing.....

From looking af my kit I can see the broard chord prop part 21 frame f and spinner part 03 frame e The R2 fuel tanks parts 02 /03 frame b The later style of Exhausts and the 13/14 frame F adjustable cowl flaps 05 frame H

I think the issue is the side cowlings parts12/13 frame H are only the B1 type.

I think you could build a B2/R2 if you do it engine open cowls off..

Cheers

Plasto

5 hours ago, Plasto said:

I think the issue is the side cowlings parts12/13 frame H are only the B1 type.

I think you could build a B2/R2 if you do it engine open cowls off..

Given all the other bits are there, looking at  the sprue shots (and not having the kit)  I suspect that for a cowl on build  that the B-2 exhausts attach to the existing B-1 cowl sides,  have a look at image 31 in the review,  there are recesses at  either end,  I'd have a play with B-2 bits and see  if they fit somehow?