Jump to content

If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

corsaircorp

Some kind of a very special AAA battery

Recommended Posts

Hello dears, Hello welcomed ETI,

Here I go with a very nice looking of an aeroplane.:idea:

I used our Martian words, This one will follow the pace of an asthmatic snail from Namur Region with at least 2 bad limbs:rofl:

I always liked the Blackburn design, like this one

WP_20170614_23_23_05_Pro

One of these day... I'll do it at 1/48

But for the while, I'll try this

Blackburn_Roc_L3057_in_May_1939[1]

Here we go

WP_20170626_22_54_36_Pro

There is just one Roc that actually saw combat, and she was helped by 2 Skua. So I was looking for Something more original...

Did'nt manage to be as original as our beloved Martian's Floatplane Target Tug but...

I will represent onbe of the use of the Roc, she was on the side of airstrips, levelled up and plugged to a generator

And she was used as a AAA battery..... Poor dismayed Roc.

There was some logic beyond the idea, It was harder to shoot down an Aircraft already on the ground:rofl:

But Seriously...

WP_20170626_22_54_55_Pro

Levelled up ? Here she is...

roc_4[1]

Just sayin' hello to the alien...

 

roc_float_2[1]

So I cut the hump to lower it

WP_20170626_23_47_43_Pro

and I will cut the transparencies too, that will be a first for me.

WP_20170626_23_47_34_Pro

Did'nt have too many photos from the interior, but it seem that I must change the fuel tanks.

And I also will open the turret's doors, why making it easy???

Boulton Paul turret[1]

Ok Gents, more to follow soon, another RFI in a few days

and 3 others at the ready...

Have a nice day and take care.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't resist to show these ones too

Also in the Must make one at 1/48 some day

WP_20170614_23_23_31_Pro

And one of of the most gracious Aircraft never ever designed

WP_20170614_23_23_49_Pro

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoooops, I did it again, sorry Dears, the first photo is not a Blackburn but an Avro

The Blackburn is just here above.

sorry again.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two 1/48 Roc builds at the same time?  This is surreal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Two 1/48 Roc builds at the same time?  This is surreal...

Nope ! Just some case of emulation :rofl:

Would like to make a 1/48 Avro Bison, must have some pusher for that one, or Lambs, it can help.

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaah!

 

Now I understand ... when I saw the reference to AAA battery I thought 'Duracell' but I'm glad it isn't.  I gave a Roc - or is it a Skua - (???) buried somewhere in the stash so if you don't mind I'd like to sit in and watch this.  OK with you, CC?

 

Jonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonny said:

Aaaah!

 

Now I understand ... when I saw the reference to AAA battery I thought 'Duracell' but I'm glad it isn't.  I gave a Roc - or is it a Skua - (???) buried somewhere in the stash so if you don't mind I'd like to sit in and watch this.  OK with you, CC?

 

Jonny

Hello Jonny,

Obviously, take a seat, have a cigar and some beer. At least have 2 seats since Martian Hale is also doing one.

He is ahead in the building and modifications....

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonny said:

Aaaah!

 

Now I understand ... when I saw the reference to AAA battery I thought 'Duracell' but I'm glad it isn't.  I gave a Roc - or is it a Skua - (???) buried somewhere in the stash so if you don't mind I'd like to sit in and watch this.  OK with you, CC?

 

Jonny

Here we go,

2 Rocs for the price of one, is'n't that a good deal ??

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Two 1/48 Roc builds at the same time?  This is surreal...

And don't you just love it Crisp?

5 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Here we go,

2 Rocs for the price of one, is'n't that a good deal ??

Sincerely.

CC

A kind of buy one get one free sort of thing and doubly so if our DNA comes back as a match!

 

Great to see this underway, signed up as "following".

 

Martian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Dears,

Well, I made this job, will now finish it smoothly,

WP_20170628_22_11_06_Pro

And then another nerve raking job, I do the same with the transparencies :drunk::coolio:

Do not dare to show it until I win the point...

A third nerve raking.....

Thinning down the fins of these tiny :frantic: Soviet air air rockets, do not even think what to do if it was 1/72...

WP_20170628_20_58_35_Pro

I'm more at ease with sidewinders or Phoenixes...

Now there is another idea from my distorted mind...

Did anyone of you have photos of a Roc with folde wings ???????  :please:

When I make my kits, I Wonder about being at the place and in the time....

So, I wanna know if I had to defend an airstrip strapped in the turret of a sitting duck...

Would'nt folded wings offer some more protection ????

I will know if the wing can restrain the view or the firing range of the turret.

So if someone can help ...

More to come soon.

Have a nice modelling day, here the storm and heavy rain seem gone away.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also like to take a seat CC :).

 

Another very unusual Blackburn Roc. I had never heard of this use for them before.

 

What will be the next obscure use for a Blackburn Roc that we learn about :hmmm: ?

 

Nice work on the fuselage, good luck with the window cutting.

 

:popcorn: 

 

Best regards

TonyT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Did anyone of you have photos of a Roc with folde wings ???????  :please:

 

I suspect the Roc and Skua shared the same wing fold mechanism.  I know there were differences between the wings (Skua had upturned wing tips and the Roc a more consistent dihedral) but that shouldn't affect the wing fold mechanism.

 

Here are a couple of pics and links showing Skua wing folds:

 

Alley Cat Skua wing fold set:

http://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/blackburn-roc-or-skua-wingfold-set-4988-p.asp

 

 

6021192488_9f1c0c4bab.jpg

 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOHVBuTwXzFmG07VEb8f-Eymf3NdBunjW3X1PSgteIc8TPWf-0

 

https://digitaltmuseum.no/021015694198/ett-fly-pa-bakken-blackburn-skua-muii-l2942-fra-801-sqd-hms-furious?i=7&aq=place%3A"Sverige"+owner%3A"LMU"

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears,

Well, I made this job, will now finish it smoothly,

WP_20170628_22_11_06_Pro

And then another nerve raking job, I do the same with the transparencies :drunk::coolio:

Do not dare to show it until I win the point...

A third nerve raking.....

Thinning down the fins of these tiny :frantic: Soviet air air rockets, do not even think what to do if it was 1/72...

WP_20170628_20_58_35_Pro

I'm more at ease with sidewinders or Phoenixes...

Now there is another idea from my distorted mind...

Did anyone of you have photos of a Roc with folde wings ???????  :please:

When I make my kits, I Wonder about being at the place and in the time....

So, I wanna know if I had to defend an airstrip strapped in the turret of a sitting duck...

Would'nt folded wings offer some more protection ????

I will know if the wing can restrain the view or the firing range of the turret.

So if someone can help ...

More to come soon.

Have a nice modelling day, here the storm and heavy rain seem gone away.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Same wing fold as the Skua which would mean that the turret's range of traverse would be limited with the wings in the folded position.

2 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

What will be the next obscure use for a Blackburn Roc that we learn about :hmmm: ?

I don't know but I would not be at all surprised if Crisp was not already working on that question!

 

Martian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Dears,

That was I'm deared about, Ok no wing fold on this one....

May be someone will represent the only Roc that actually saw combat as an Aircraft, I mean, actually flying :clap2:

See you later,

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Just now, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears,

That was I'm deared about, Ok no wing fold on this one....

May be someone will represent the only Roc that actually saw combat as an Aircraft, I mean, actually flying :clap2:

See you later,

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Hoops, I would say feared, not deared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

May be someone will represent the only Roc that actually saw combat as an Aircraft, I mean, actually flying :clap2:

Perhaps Crisp will oblige us, after all he is partly responsible for this outbreak of Rocitis.

 

Martian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Perhaps Crisp will oblige us, after all he is partly responsible for this outbreak of Rocitis.

 

Martian

 

Thomas RN Aces of WWII.  29th May 1940.  

 

During the following afternoon (29.05) a patrol consisting of a pair of Skuas and a Roc, leb by Lt Bill Barnes spotted five Ju88s attacking a convoy off Ostend.  They attacked claiming one bomber shot down and sending another limping off and losing height with serious damage.  Lt Vincent-Jones was on hand again to describe what is thought to be the Rocs only confirmed victory.  "The only significant achievement of 806 NAS was when a section  suprised Ju88s lurking over the ships.  The Skuas attacked from above, attracting the attention of the German aircrew, while the Roc piloted by Mid. Day, flew directly under the Junkers and, as described by the Skua pilot Lt Barnes, "Literally sawed it in half with the four guns in its turret firing upwards" we all landed safely at Delting.

 

I have had a look in Sturtivant FAA Aircraft 39-45.  I thought that this Roc would be up in big flashing lights but unfortunately I am not sure which it is.  According to Skua: The Royal Navy's Dive Bomber there were 6 Rocs allocated to Delting and they were mainly used for Anti Submarine Patrols (L3103,L3105, L3106, L3118, L3154, L3156).

 

I've failed So its up to Crisp..

 

 

Edited by Grey Beema

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello dears, Thank yo Grey,

Here are some news from my British Flak gun :rofl:

Sweats and Fears but, it's done, phase one OK :yahoo:

WP_20170706_00_00_43_Pro

With the fine Airwaves photoetched saw ! good, left, opening the doors of the turret,

It's gonna be Roc'n Roll or even Defiant'n roll

Yes, deviants joke too; I'm pretty tired

Done this too

 

WP_20170705_22_14_34_Pro

As it is oftenly the case, the resin parts did'nt fit into the wings, so I scrap the edges (of darkness)

sanding the resin parts is not a good idea since it is already thin !

WP_20170706_00_08_46_Pro

:toilet: Mumble mumble sanding again !

WP_20170706_00_27_26_Pro

Und Foilà !!

First wing done done and now.... Sanding :evil_laugh:

I worked on some other thing too

See you later, have a very nice modelling day.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2017 at 1:21 PM, Grey Beema said:

 

Thomas RN Aces of WWII.  29th May 1940.  

 

During the following afternoon (29.05) a patrol consisting of a pair of Skuas and a Roc, leb by Lt Bill Barnes spotted five Ju88s attacking a convoy off Ostend.  They attacked claiming one bomber shot down and sending another limping off and losing height with serious damage.  Lt Vincent-Jones was on hand again to describe what is thought to be the Rocs only confirmed victory.  "The only significant achievement of 806 NAS was when a section  suprised Ju88s lurking over the ships.  The Skuas attacked from above, attracting the attention of the German aircrew, while the Roc piloted by Mid. Day, flew directly under the Junkers and, as described by the Skua pilot Lt Barnes, "Literally sawed it in half with the four guns in its turret firing upwards" we all landed safely at Delting.

 

I have had a look in Sturtivant FAA Aircraft 39-45.  I thought that this Roc would be up in big flashing lights but unfortunately I am not sure which it is.  According to Skua: The Royal Navy's Dive Bomber there were 6 Rocs allocated to Delting and they were mainly used for Anti Submarine Patrols (L3103,L3105, L3106, L3118, L3154, L3156).

 

I've failed So its up to Crisp..

 

 

 

Don't look at me; I'm up to my ears in Sea Kings.

 

I don't even possess a Roc in my stash; a Skua, yes, but no Roc.  Of course, this might well change, though not unless I get a flipping job soon!

 

In short, don't hold your breath for any Crisp-Roc anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Crisp-Roc

Let's have Crisp Roll

Résultat d’images pour Krisprolls

While awaiting for a Crisp Roc & Roll

I think that I've hit the bottom of the bottomless

:rofl::rofl:

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

so I scrap the edges (of darkness

 

:rofl:

 

Great work on the canopy and wheel wells CC!

 

TonyT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CC, good luck with the build, may I pull up a sandbag?  Have given up the cigars but may be tempted to one or two of your country's fine beers (except Stella which gives me big bad hangovers!).  Enjoying the build already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HomerJ_757 said:

CC, good luck with the build, may I pull up a sandbag?  Have given up the cigars but may be tempted to one or two of your country's fine beers (except Stella which gives me big bad hangovers!).  Enjoying the build already!

Hello Homer,

To me Stella, jupliler and all that untasty blonds are not beer, just donkey p..., as they say in the no snake country:evil_laugh:

It's already planned to bring some real stuff when we 'll come in Telford... There will be some modellers near the trunk of Pierre's car :P

Welcome aboard, don't mind the humor, or better, add your own...

I think about bringing up some Blue Chimay, Rochefort 10 and Triple Westmaele, some Château may be, heavy artillery for sure !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue Chimay, ahhhh, that takes me back to an enjoyable couple of weeks at Florennes! Unfortunately work prevents me from attending Telford this year so at least one bottle will be safe! ;)

 

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really interesting to see another Roc being bashed into shape. For such a relatively unknown aircraft to feature twice at the same time is most unusual - which is why I have pulled up a chair too....... without the donkey p....

 

P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×