Double Fulcrum Build

Muzz

Cheers Jabba, its certainly not coming along quickly, going to be struggling to get these finished in time!

The Academy kit with Quickboost radome attached, going to need some sanding.

20170906_222824_edit_1504870487991.jpg

coming along nicely. The Quickboost nose cone does require quite a bit of work to get it right! I've had to give up on mine, too many things annoy me about it, plus I can't get the masks now so the scheme is a no go. 

Last update until next weekend as I'm away with work. Both kits are at the same stage more or less so I'm happy with that. The intake trunking attached to both kits without issue, the Academy required some clamps told everything in place and will need a spot of filler near the main gear doors. 

20170911_155654_edit_1505142664708.jpg

The lump and bumps from the Armoury set attached to the Academy kit. The Quickboost nose cone was sanded to blend with the fuselage. Quickboost clear seeker head also added.

20170911_160009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Big progress today with the main colours down on both. Lots of weathering to come with the Ukrainian scheme and still to do the underside grey with the Polish scheme. The Model Maker decals.for the emblem on the upper fuselage come with masks to help with the colour switch due to the camo pattern, been scratching my head with them trying to work them out, any help appreciated!

20170927_004543.jpg

• Like 2

Great painting job on both models. Don't worry too much about not finishing in time. That makes (at least) two of us. The most important is finishing the models to a level that satisfies you. Otherwise you'll be looking at them knowing you should and could have done better.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Some decals on this one this afternoon, the big emblem on the upper fuselage was in 3 parts not a perfect fit but pretty good considering it's size and shape. Need to touch up a few small areas with it but happy with how it looks.

20170928_165709.jpg

• Like 3

Looking good, especially the large badge on the upper fuselage, mine needs a bit of a touch up here and there. Also as others have said do not rush to beat the deadline, you are not the only one with this problem, and it is better to get a good looking model rather than a spoiled one when a mistake is made trying to get it finished. Could you concentrate on just one of the models if you need to get one finished?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jabba said:

Looking good, especially the large badge on the upper fuselage, mine needs a bit of a touch up here and there. Also as others have said do not rush to beat the deadline, you are not the only one with this problem, and it is better to get a good looking model rather than a spoiled one when a mistake is made trying to get it finished. Could you concentrate on just one of the models if you need to get one finished?

Cheers Jabba, mine needs some work done to it too. Nah, away with work again tomorrow night, the closest to finishing is the Polish 9-12 and I realised today I don't have the stencil decals for it. No rushing now just enjoying how both are turning out!

• Like 1

Lovely work Muzz!!!! She's really looking nice, the paint job is excellent and it must have been fun job trying to get that decal on and in the right spot!

AS Jamie said and as I'm saying to everyone else there's no need to rush it and ruin a perfect finish. Just take your time with both of them as they're going to look stunning! Look forward to seeing future updates and them finally completed.

Decals finished on the Academy Polish Fulcrum, I got the Model Maker stencil set which I highly recommend, an extensive and detailed set.

20171007_221904.jpg

• Like 1

And the GWH kit, hardly any decals required as all the stencil data appears to get lost in the grime and faded paintwork on the old airframes.

20171008_153002.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jrlx said:

Looks excellent! How did you do it?

Cheers

Jaime

Thanks Jaime. Made tonal variations with the basic colours, some post shading with Tamiya smoke and then applied a Matt varnish. I then covered the Model in a dark clay wash and allowed it to dry. Wash is then removed using a dry cloth and some light sanding.

Muzz

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some more work done on both kits.......

Gear legs, wheels and pylons fitted to the HEH kit.

20171029_213035.jpg

And some NMF areas sprayed (Alclads) on the Academy kit on the leading edge of the tailplane and find.

20171029_213128.jpg

Currently working on painting up the exhaust cans.

• Like 1

Coming on nicely. It is good following someone else's build as you sometimes see something that you should have done but have not. I have noticed what you have recently painted on the fins which I had not (until now) even though I have the reference book.

• Like 1