1/72 Cyber Hobby Aichi D3A Type 99 Val WIP

Hello all, My new build is the 1/72 Cyber Hobby Aichi D3A Type 99 Val WIP. There are some issues with the canopy and cockpit opening but I'm positioning the canopy open so most of the issues will be hidden. I am also placing the wingtips in the folded position. This will be a depiction of AI-201 off the Akagi June 1942 Midway attack.

I have pictures of the cockpit but they are on my other computer so I'll upload them later. The kist is going together nicely but there are some minor gap issues on the bottom.

The wings are on and I applied some Mr. Dissolved Putty.

UIN1gA.jpg

yZS3Fb.jpg

• Like 5

Here are the cockpit photos I didn't have earlier.

vtUrhA.jpg cg4bfo.jpg

I didn't get to it last night (finishing up the 31 Squadron 100th Tonka) but I need to scratch a fuselage separation between the pilot and gunners opening and try to add some harnesses.

• Like 2

I did some work on the Val's seams last night and got them smoothed out. I scratched the missing cockpit piece and need to scratch something to duplicate whatever is sitting on top. I also need to scratch the canopy braces but that should be about it.

Drawing of Val cockpit.

GHscp6.jpg

My silly futile attempt at duplicating the missing section. But if it works....

aKmQBZ.jpg

• Like 1

OK Guys, here's the update for the Val. I added some Evergreen sprue for the canopy bracing. The canopy isn't attached and neither are the wing tips, they are just there to show the progress. I need to come up with something for the gadgets on the dash. I cut the flaps and showed them in the down position.
qG4Zvc.jpg
qiJ3K8.jpg
A5IiNs.jpg
7m1drc.jpg
  • Like 1

I sprayed the Val silver, sprayed some chipping fluid and got one coat of JN green on before my air valve assembly quit on my AB. I  have it soaking in thinner but don't hold out much hope for a fix. That will set me back a week or two. I really need to get a second AB.

uyX2KG.jpg

z16ZQn.jpg

• Like 2

I’m done with the Val. This was a nice kit though the instructions were a little hard to interpret at times. It did require some scratching to make it acceptable but all in all it was fairly accurate.
I still have an Akagi Zero to complete so I have one more to do.
APzdy0.jpg
IPXvmy.jpg
2Nabgc.jpg
1iNlYL.jpg
fM5naE.jpg
amzWon.jpg
QBV8T7.jpg
3ttPbh.jpg
KurL5i.jpg
In2SdG.jpg
7vRPyF.jpg