Bf-109 E-3 ; 1/72nd scale Airfix

This airfix kit ( the starter pack edition ) is rather special to me because this is how it all started in Jan 2015 .  I am from India and scale modelling is non existent here bar a handful of modellers , all of us relying on imports .  As such I had no exposure to this hobby and in fact was completely oblivious of the same until I stumbled upon the airfix kit in an e commerce shop while searching for something else .  The low price of 300/- INR and the fact that it came with brush , glue and paint prompted me to order one - I am sure I would have passed if the kit didn't have the glue and paints and missed on a wonderful hobby .   I really enjoyed the build and I quickly ordered another starter pack kit - the swordfish .  Long story short , I purchased about 8-10 of these starter pack kits , then got an airbrush , found HLJ and ebay and I think you all know how it unfolds from here :)

I built this kit recently out of the box and here are the pics -

4513B957-42F2-4AAD-A56E-A191E5D5B211_zps
082E5CC3-3C3C-4535-A776-DB545F5C2525_zps

BDC3F221-ABD3-41FB-8B74-1FAA57955009_zps
B6C44205-90CC-40A6-B902-8100289447F0_zps

Regards ,
Basu Roy

• Like 26

....don't Airfix manufacture in India or have I got that wrong? 

very nice looking Emil  - you got the strengthening strips on both sides of the fuselage, I'm sure they weren't on my starter pack..

• Like 1

Thanks everyone , really appreciate the kind words :)