Takom Chieftain MK 11

Hi Chris

Overall coat of Tamiya NATO Black for shading then Tamiya Dark Yellow XF60 as the base and Tamiya NATO Green for the camo.  The tracks were NATO Black on the pads and

Tamiya Linoleum Brown on the links and the brown also on the exhaust. NATO green on the wheels and Tamiya Rubber Black on the tires.

The chipping was with a  sponge and NATO Black and the whole thing was given a spray of very thin Tamiya Buff.

It may get some more dust as I think the green is still too dark.

Thanks for looking,

Lloyd

Thank you for info. I wouldn't say it was those colours. Usually Tamiya is quite dark and need to add some brighter colours. Yours looks very good. 

Thanks Chris

The Buff overspray really helps to blend and lighten the darker Tamiya acrylics.  I still think it needs more but I'll let it sit for a few days.

Moving back to that Leopard 2A7 now but not really enthused about that one today.

Canada 150 day here tomorrow so got to attend the big bash at the park and today is a lazy do little day.

Lloyd

Two Chieftains out in the sunlight.  Unit #10 is the newer MK 11 and unit #22 is the original MK 10.

Natural light looks best I believe.  Neither one is too dirty.  #22 is more faded from the prairie sun for sure.

FdqBqdI.jpgXNRm9IT.jpg3Ab5hKp.jpgayJlSKG.jpgChEi4ma.jpgPZvy3Hn.jpgBnMGk0q.jpgi0E9Ngn.jpgBfJnwVz.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 6