F-111e ,77th tfw upper heyford

I've completed this f-111e from th 77th tfw based at upper heyford   in the gb forum , its the 1/48 hobby boss kit , mr hobby paints , super scale decals ,eduard etch sets, and a squadron vac canopy,Just the screen, i used the kits doors ,slightly modified

2017-07-01_08-36-23

2017-07-01_08-35-362017-07-01_08-34-502017-07-01_08-36-032017-07-09_07-07-342017-07-09_07-07-07

Thanks for all comments

Glynn

Edited by Hewy
Photo bucket ,now on flickr
  • Like 49

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

The flaps and spoilers open give it a nice splash of colour, looks like a great kit.

Duncan B

Great model!  - not kit... see the GB  threads for details!

As said befor, superb modelling! 

Are these Mk-82s?

They look so small on this giant!

• Like 1

Cracking build and finish Glynn can't remember seeing more than a handfull of 111's on BM over the last few year's the GB will rectify that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

Great model!  - not kit... see the GB  threads for details!

As said befor, superb modelling! 

Are these Mk-82s?

They look so small on this giant!

Thanks werner very kind it was a trial at times,yes they are mk 82s ,as you well know the 111 is a big old aircraft. Thanks again

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Cracking build and finish Glynn can't remember seeing more than a handfull of 111's on BM over the last few year's the GB will rectify that!

I think it will steve  and thanks ,but theres a few really good ones that may not make the deadline

56 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Great work Glynn

Lovelly paint job and nice subtle weathering.

welldone

James

Thanks james, after the hataka paint disaster i could very easily have binned it, but I'd put about a week of modelling into the canopy screen so i persisted

7 hours ago, russ c said:

Really nice F-111 there, looks superb. Love scheme with the nose art too

10 hours ago, Antb said:

That's really nice Glynn. Great job! 

Thanks ant most kind

6 hours ago, Duncan B said:

The flaps and spoilers open give it a nice splash of colour, looks like a great kit.

Duncan B

Thanks duncan and russ thats why i chose the red nose art scheme,to go with the flaps "n"slats

9 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Lovely model Glynn.

Fond memories of them low level up here.

Cheers scimitar ingrained on me too from airshows in the late 70s and 80s

26 minutes ago, fids said:

Loving that, great job.

Cheers fids glad you like her

Edited by Hewy
Spelling
  • Like 2

Hello,Glynn - She may have fought you at times during the build but you certainly won the battle with this superb 'F-111'.I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work together with your chosen scheme.She portrays the brutal elegance of this iconic aircraft perfectly.Great work.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Glynn - She may have fought you at times during the build but you certainly won the battle with this superb 'F-111'.I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work together with your chosen scheme.She portrays the brutal elegance of this iconic aircraft perfectly.Great work.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

Thanks paul much appreciated

Glynn

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Hi Glynn 

Ive heard mixed reports of Hataka paints. They do seem to be a Marmite brand.

James

And i don't like marmite either james:P, they dont wind me up any more because i binned two sets ,one untouched, but sometimes whats good for the goose isn't so good for the gander, and i seem to have been the gander here

Glynn

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Avgas said:

That's lovely!

Thank you very much

9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

She looks great Glynn.

A very enjoyable build, if not entirely from your point of view, I think I will stick with Academy for my F-111 and like you I will never touch Hataka paints again.

I did enjoy the majority of it craig , gonna build that su24 to sit along side later in the year dont blame you on the paints, I'd swear it was bathroom ceiling emulsion bottled up ,hell they even mix special colours in b&q for you:P

18 hours ago, Phone Phixer said:

Fantastic work. Love it all, but the cockpit is a work of art.

Very kind of you thanks,

Glynn

• Like 1