AMT 1/25 Batwing

It's been a few months since the my last build, the Maquis Raider in February & after just over 2 months of work on a failed 1/350 USS Arizona, it's now time for my next build.

This time it's the re-issued AMT 1/25 Batwing from the 1989 Batman movie.

Starting off with gluing the 2 halves of each wing together with electrical tape to hold whilst the glue dried.

Then continuing on the bottom half of the Batwing with gluing the landing gear covers & filling in the gaps on the landing gear, as the panel line trenches were too deep & sanding those down to still leave a nice line.

Gluing the Batman figure together was, the 2 halves of his body & the 2 halves of his arms, which were outer arms & inner forearms with his wrist claws.

I test fitted the completed wings onto the bottom part of the Batwing, but a L shaped locking arm prevented me from removing one of the wings, but it didnt prevent me from running the glue into the wing & again I used electrical tape to hold those down whilst the glue dried

Sanding down the seams down from each side of Batman's body & the sides of his arms, I then glued his completed arms into his torso.

A gap had to filled in on the bridge of each arm into the batsuit, once the filler had dried, they sanded down really nice.

I then started work on the cockpit tub, gluing the seat into place with some tape & a g-clamp to hold the seat down.

Then came the stabiliser fins on the bottom & top of the Batwing along with 2 guns mounted on the front sides, which the guns had a massive seam on the inner side, so I sanded those flat to make them mount onto the side of the fuselage better when glued into place.

Once all done, I then primered Batman, the cockpit tub along with the dashboard & control sticks/steering wheel.

I'd actually forgotten to glue the targeting arm with targeting reticule into place, but instead of having the reticule in front of Batman's face, I instead glued it back onto the targeting arm so you could see Batman's face, but to give it the mounted look just before he pulls it out in front of his face to target Joker standing on the ground in front of his float.

Painting everything in matt black, picking out the belt in Humbrol 26 trainer yellow & 61 flesh for Batman's face.

Then came the primering of the 2 pieces of the Batwing, all the filling of the deep panel lines left a great finish & the panel lines are still there just a lot less deep.

Finishing off the cockpit tub with the console decals & the Batman crest onto the chest of the Batsuit, then Microset & Sol with Humbrol Satincote to seal.

The cockpit tub is now ready to be mounted into the underneath of the top half of the Batwing.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Edited by Deadman Disciple