HMS REPULSE. DIVE PHOTOS

Badder

I am not a ' WWII maritime' modeller, preferring WWII AFV'S instead, but my bro dived the Prince of Wales and the Repulse several years ago and I thought some of you might be interested to see the Repulse as she is now. (Unfortunately, my bro had no camera capable of operating at the 223 ft depth of the PoW, so no photos of that)

Here's the link to the photos (photos and short descriptions only)

https://drmike.smugmug.com/Wreck-diving/HMS-Repulse-Oct-06

Rearguards,

Badder

Legs it back to the Armour forum before I get found out!

• Like 2

I'm not a maritime modeller either, but I enjoyed looking at the photos, so thanks for posting. Some of the photos are beautiful, it must be quite and experience to dive at one of these sites.

The fish seem to be happy with their gift from above. :fish:

• Like 1

Just now, Gorbygould said:

I'm not a maritime modeller either, but I enjoyed looking at the photos, so thanks for posting. Some of the photos are beautiful, it must be quite and experience to dive at one of these sites.

The fish seem to be happy with their gift from above. :fish:

Yes, my bro was/is a very lucky guy. In more ways than one!

He very nearly died while solo diving on the Prince of Wales, actually getting lost inside what with all the sediment. Silly so and so! My parents and I were always hearing his 'near death' experiences and expecting bad news at any moment. (re-breather diving is SO dangerous he's been close to death more than once and has 'lost' several of his mates, at least two of them in front of his eyes. This is why 'rebreathers' DON'T do 'buddy diving' as such. Unlike 'normal, shallow diving' there's very little you can do to help someone in trouble at those very deep depths. Happily, he's given diving up now... but the things he's done, the things he's seen, including discovering unrecorded WWII wrecks, is amazing. I know he and his mates discovered a Japanese sub and were hoping it was one of those carrying gold or silver bullion towards the end of the war. It WAS stripped out, no torpedoes, and was converted into a 'blockade runner', and it WAS fully laden, but it was laden with RUBBER! lol.

I'm glad you found the photos interesting. Thanks for commenting,

Badder

• Like 1