1/72 - Curtiss Wright CW-22 by Kora Models - released - new boxing

Homebee

Kora Models is to release in July 2017 1/72nd Curtiss Wright CW-22 kits.

- ref. KPK7243 - Curtiss Wright CW-22 Falcon - RNeth. East Indies Army AF.

Source:

https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2494

pictures_kora_models_KPK7243.jpg

- ref. KPK7244 - Curtiss Wright CW-22 & CW-22B Falcon - captured/ in Japanese markings.

Source: 

https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2505

pictures_kora_models_KPK7244.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

I just checked Steve and as dalea says above, both this and the FW-44 are described as new toolings :thumbsup:.

https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=products_new&disp_order=6&page=2

These two new kits, along with Arma Hobby and IBG's recent offerings, now involve me in a hitherto unheard of level of home based conspiracy and subterfuge.

This Involves my postman, secret messages via different placing of coloured socks on the washing line, boxes with customs stickers on, unhelpfully marked 'model kit', and the vain hope of continued marital bliss at Tiger Towers.

If I'm rumbled.... :chair:.

Best regards 

TonyT

• Like 3

I thought that the box art looked familiar.

Around 12 gig of my old photo archive has finally uploaded; this is one of two similar ones of the CW 22:

IMG_9056.jpg

I've checked the photo for information on who took it, but nothing there. Happy to remove it straight away if required.

It certainly looks like the inspiration for the box art, very evocative picture :).

Best regards 

TonyT

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Now released according to Hannants. 4 boxing (2 USN, 1 NEIAF and one Japanese) but none of them have the RAF/BVAF example. Oh well, to the decal box (unless anyone has a contact for Kora.....)

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Now released according to Hannants. 4 boxing (2 USN, 1 NEIAF and one Japanese) but none of them have the RAF/BVAF example. Oh well, to the decal box (unless anyone has a contact for Kora.....)

Hi Dave,

You can buy KORA Models from:

www.lfmodels.com

Regards Colin.

Got the Captured japanese boxing, the plastic is (not surprisingly) the same as the CW-19 shown here:

http://www.72news.eu/2017/06/kora-models-curtiss-wright-cw-19a.html

Two canopies to cover the CW-22 and CW-22B versions, and resin pars. I'd say it was like a Special Hobby kit of 10 years ago

(and the instructions have an email)

Edited by Dave Fleming

I am currently building the 1/72 curtiss wright SNC-1 Falcon, kora kit number KPM-72042.  Thoroughly enjoying the build and it is building up nicely.  Plastic is soft and easy to work with.  I do recommend a good quality razor saw and blade to cope with the injector pins to which the plastic parts are attached to.  Be patient with this kit and you should enjoy the build as much as I am.

Edited by Colin1967
can't spell

Just now, Colin1967 said:

I am currently building the 1/72 curtiss wright SNC-1 Falcon, kora kit number KPM-72042.  Thoroughly enjoying the build and it is building up nicely.  Plastic is soft and easy to work with.  I do recommend a good quality razor saw and blade to cope with the injector pins to which they are attached to.  Be patient with this kit and enjoy the build as much as I am.

It's very reminiscent of Special Hobby from about 10-15 years ago

12 minutes ago, MarkoZG said:

Not entirely, That old MPM had much nicer panel lines. I really don't understand these recent Kora kits, their standard is unexpectedly low, it reminds me more on Beechnut kits.

I meant Special Hobby in general rather than the CW21 (which I've not seen) but the Beechnut comparison is a more than a little unfair.

cw21-13.jpg

cw21-14.jpg

The comparion is more than unfair!!!  It seems that you have never seen a Beechnut kit in the flesh let alone tried to actualy construct a Beechnut kit. The Kora renderings panellines maybe a bit overdone but nothing a little tender loving care or mr Surfacer cannot solve  True, it is not Tamagawa quality yet but the company has to start somewhere. Try enjoying modelling for a change.

1 hour ago, Branky said:

The comparion is more than unfair!!!  It seems that you have never seen a Beechnut kit in the flesh let alone tried to actualy construct a Beechnut kit. The Kora renderings panellines maybe a bit overdone but nothing a little tender loving care or mr Surfacer cannot solve  True, it is not Tamagawa quality yet but the company has to start somewhere. Try enjoying modelling for a change.

'Blobs of plastic roughly in the shape of an aeroplane'

Edited by Dave Fleming