CASA Breguet 19 A2, Spanish Nationalists, Hit-Kit 1/72

Hi 

I have just finished it. This is CASA-Breguet 19 A2 with W-type Elizalde engine. I had a single kit of an elusive Polish company producing some years ago very interesting short-run kits. It was hard to me do a choice of version, so I decided to breed it a bit. I did the CASA-Breguet 19 A2 (presentsd now) and I am still constructing version 19.8 of Royal Yugoslavian Airforces. I have feeling that HIt Kit made very short series of this 19.8 as well, but there are no traces of this in net. the WIP thread is here:

Shortly - the model is made of some plastic original parts but whole fuselage and tail are my resin copies of orginals.

The CASA licenced build Breguet had more fabric covered fuselage, so this convesion was done out of scratch .

Here is result:

breguet 19 DSC05952breguet 19 DSC05951breguet 19 DSC05950breguet 19 DSC05947breguet 19 DSC05946breguet 19 DSC05945breguet 19 DSC05944breguet 19 DSC05943

I hope to present Breguet 19.8 in not far future...

The painting scheme is for fall of 1936 or early 1937.

Comments welcome

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 20

Very well done J-W :clap:!

This is not an easy kit out of the box. To have adapted it like this is superb.

It has the right 'heavy' stance on the wheels. The mottle looks right, in Spain often applied my mop, brush, sponge.

A lovely model.

:goodjob: 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

John and Tony - many thanks :)

John - perhaps I will be able to do all or almost all my SCW subjects from stash within incoming months. There are still some about 10 but not more.

Tony, indeed, i would not expect that in '36 they have airbrushies at the field, where machines were more or less hastitly painted. But who knows it for sure? Certainly this is not shake and bake model but it did not have flaws like left side not maching right or things like that. I am even a bit surprised that quality of kit is far better then what you expect after first look into box....

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

Nice one Jerzy, I am inspired by your builds and modelling skills !  I too have this kit in my stash, how I would love a modern injected molded kit of this and a Potez 25 in 1/72, so many decal options, more please.  Kind regards Colin.

• Like 1

Colin, many thanks. :)  I wish a modern injection kit of machines like Breguet XIX or Potez 25 - but I think we are in a minority... I think so, because apparently if it would be opposite the modelling companies will issued them already. No bizz on this I think.  

Regarding Potez XXV - it is somehow always like this - you say Breguet and already think about Potez. They are like twins. I just started two of them also by Hit-Kit. I was awared by Tony Tiger that the frame (tubing) of inside is too big. So you have to make it much smaller at once. The fuselage of Skoda-Jupiter driven Potez has serious mistake in fairing behind engine. I found it by chance looking at photos. This is just to aware readers of this thread. However I am not going to build Polish one, rather Spanish with Jupiter (Rep. - or Croatian - not decided yet) and French Vichy with V engine (from Indochina...).

We will see. Meanwhile I am constructing second Breguet 19 - the RYAF 19.8 with Cyclone engine. This is a scractch conversion. That will be first!

Regards

J-W

• Like 1