Hawker Typhoon Pulverizer II- markings query

Antb

Morning chaps 

I'm at the stage where I'm considering starting work on the 1/24 Tiffie I have and think I have decided to go with Pulverizer II as I like the idea of modelling a bomb-phoon. 

My query relates to the markings of this aircraft as I've found conflicting information and wondered whether anyone could guide me in the right direction so I'm clear from the off. 

Airfix have this aircraft with a faded green band around the fuselage which is easy enough. Time period of February to May 1945.

I've done some digging and found pictures of this aircraft with a sky band around the fuselage and with partial D Day stripes underneath the fuselage. 

If this is the case I would expect to find stripes under the wings Too? 

Did this aircraft serve on or around d day and would therefore have the stripes painted on? 

As this kit is going to a major project and something I want to get right and wondered if I could model this aircraft with the D day stripes and a sky band or not? 

Grateful for any help. 

Many thanks 

The decals in the Airfix 1/24 kit are for Pulverizer IV which carried the 1945 2nd TAF markings as you describe. Pulverizer II was in use up to the end of 1944 and photos confirm it had stripes under the rear fuselage. Underwing stripes were removed in August/September 1944. It also had personal markings - a bomblog and in latter days, a Vargas girl. I think aftermarket decals are available. Black spinner. What is more difficult to determine is whether or not it had the under fuselage tropical filter. I think probably not but I will check next week.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris that information is really helpful.  

I thought it was Pulverizer 2 my mistake and apologies for the confusion. 

1 hour ago, TBC said:

Aviaeology 143 Wing (RCAF) Typhoons Part 1 will get you markings for Pulverizer II. Here is their eBay store:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RCAF-Typhoons-1944-Bodenplatte-pt-1-1-24-scale-Decals-n-Docs-Stencils-/281773653058?hash=item419b04bc42

They're very interesting thank you for posting the link 

8 hours ago, Wm Blecky said:

Although this build is not in the scale you want, you may find it relevant.  Hope it helps.

typhoongmcd_03.jpg

Thank you that's great 

7 hours ago, Scooby said:

I have the PDF instructions for those scales if you are interested.

I have also met the pilot of Pulverizer. He is still with us!

That would be great thank you. 

Bet that was an amazing experience meeting him. Mind blowing. 

On 6/27/2017 at 6:45 PM, Wm Blecky said:

Although this build is not in the scale you want, you may find it relevant.  Hope it helps.

typhoongmcd_03.jpg

is that by any chance the Monogram kit?  I have one release of this kit and it has those markings.

On 6/29/2017 at 22:01, Chris Thomas said:

The 'no yellow leading edged in 2nd TAF' theory is a complete myth.  All 2nd TAF fighters had them.

Thanks Chris 

That's helpful for when I make a start.