Spitfire Decals Needed 1/32 PCM Mk XIV

Airborne SF

About 18 months ago I built the 1/32 PCM Mk XIV Spitfire.  I was fairly new to airbrushing and ended up painting a very rough surface using alcohol as a thinner (Tamiya Paints).  I decaled the model and everything was fine up until the clear coat stage.  You guessed it, about half of the decals silvered.  My own stupid fault, but the Spitfire sits in hiding, ashamed to show the job I did on it.

I have tried  all sorts of things to fix it and nothing has worked.  I intend to strip the paint and redo it properly, but now I can't find the decals for it.  PCM has recently closed their doors, so I don't know how to get a replacement set.  Zotz makes a nice set, sheet number 32-033, but I can't find anywhere online that has a set in stock.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement decals?  Either PCM or the Zotz set.  Is there another set that is made for the Mk XIV? 

Help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks 

• 10 months later...

Carl,

Obviously I'm kind of inexperienced on this forum and didn't see your reply to my email from last June!!  I need to turn something on so I can see replies.  Do you by chance still have the PCM decals?  I would love to get them if possible, as my Spitfire still sits in shame.  I've done nothing with it since last year.  

This time, I'll look for a response and turn notifications on.  Thanks you

Paul

If you want to try one more fix to get rid of the silvering first, put a drop of decal solution on the silvered area and poke it with a sharp needle. Wipe excess and repeat as needed. I have found this to successfully remove most cases of silvering.