1/16 Afrika Korps Tank Crewman

Chooka

Hi all,

I picked up this little guy and a couple of his mates at the WASMEX swap meet in April for $5 each.  I thought I would broaden my horizons a bit and tackle figure modelling (most definitely not mine - LOL).  Unfortunately, this little fella was already built, so this has turned into a bit of a figure painting exercise.  None the matter though, that's what I would be seeking feedback on anyway.

So at this stage, all I have done is given the skin parts three coats of Italeri Flat Skin Tone Base - Light (FS31575).

My intention is to paint him by brush.

Anywhoo, here he is.

,IMG_0955_zpsdqz883cz.jpg

Cheers,

CfB

Edited by Chooka
spelling error
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I have done some initial work on the little guy's boots, but the photo came out a bit dark.

The colours used here are Tamiya XF-49 Khaki (acrylic) and XF-64 Red Brown (enamel).  I usually like to work with acrylics but the local hobby shop didn't have XF-64 in acrylic :(.

Again, all brush painted.

Cheers,

CfB

IMG_0956_zps9hla8xnk.jpg

• Like 3

I'm back again,

This little fella is coming along a lot quicker than I had thought it would (yay) - the vanilla version anyway.

I have taken a photo without the flash and he has come up a lot better.

I have painted his shirt in Tamiya XF-49 Khaki (acrylic) and his pants in Tamiya XF-60 Dark Yellow (enamel).  Again, the local hobby store didn't have it in acrylic.

My plan is to get him all vanilla'd up before adding any of the individual touches such as washes etc.  Is this the way to go? This is my first real figure so I am flying a little blind here, but having fun - it's a bit like watching paint dry really.

Cheers,

CfB

IMG_0957_zpsuq8cwjzu.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chooka said:

My plan is to get him all vanilla'd up before adding any of the individual touches such as washes etc.  Is this the way to go?

I normally complete an area before moving to the next, and leave just the very minor touch ups for the end - but that's up to your preferences, really. I do that because I normally start with a dark base tone and proceed adding lighter paint to the mix till I'm happy with the result - then I go backward for shadows.

Second picture definitely much better, coming along pretty fast :clap:

Ciao

• Like 1

Hi Chooka, I also have this figure, and completed him late last year. I'll try and get some pictures up for you, a most enjoyable figure from Tamiya, yet again.

Brian

• Like 1