1/72 RAN S-2G Grumman Tracker

Hello Noel,

Excellent job on this famous workhorse. yes it was tedious work, to get these rather large planes on the deck off these small carriers.

Your spray paint job is of the highest standards.

Just one comment, I miss the "Spiderweb" antennas.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 2

Excellent modelling. Presumably this is the Hasegawa S-2A kit, in which case you have extended the forward fuselage which is very neatly done. The cockpit windows are also not the easiest to finish neatly but you've done a really good job there. What about all those antenna wires above the fuselage - are you going to add those? Like the decals - where are they from?

Chris

• Like 1

Noel - How about editing the beginning of this RFI with a link to your WIP to show how you created this beauty?

Edited by CJP
text
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all for your kind comments. Yes it is the Hasagawa kit modified. The fuselage is extended. The decals are from a Hawkeyes sheet. I would put slink to my work in progress, but since Photobucket have changed their policy there are no photos there any more.

Noel that Photobucket thing is a real pain and annoying when you want to look at the work modellers have done - I have restored some of my photo links with Postimage but it is time consuming - shame to see the S2G Tracker disappear from view though.