1/32 Hasegawa Bader's Spitfire

Antoine

Hi guys,

I'd notice that Hasegawa just released an old tool early spitfire into a brand new box, dedicated to Douglas Bader.

Having already Tamiya's Mk.IX, Mk.VIII I was wondering about adding an early mark to my stash.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "bader spitfire 1/32"

If I'm not surprised or impressed by raised panel lines, wrong or bad shapes and dimensions is much more a problem to me, so can anyone tell me about this, and the overall kit's qualities?

I did a quick search, the result being this review, and Cybermodeller in general is way above what I'm looking for.

Still good to give an overview, though.

TIA

It would seem to be the Hasegawa "hybrid" kit which had new engraved wings and the old Mk.Vb fuselage (raised panel lines)

I have built the Mk.Vb, Mk.VI and the Mk.II and used the kit as a base for a Mk.VIII, Mk.XII and a Mk.XIV, the kits are easy to build are accurate in shape and have a fairly well detailed cockpit though they would benefit from some Barracuda resin parts particularly the seat.

Below is Edgar Brooks comparison of the Hasegawa Mk.V kit with the Hobbyboss Mk.V some of which will apply to the kit you are looking at.

This is what he had to say

This was my appraisal, on another thread, which asked for a comparison with the Hasegawa kit

Hasegawa all raised panel lines; Hobbyboss engraved.
Hasegawa cockpit (apart from too-wide seat) a pleasure to work with; Hobbyboss, unfortunately, somewhat fictional, plus a seat too short front-to-back.
Hasegawa fuselage slab-sided at fuel tanks; Hobbyboss slightly curved; both have a too-square cross-section at the firewall.
Hasegawa has no engine; Hobbyboss has an engine which doesn't resemble any Merlin I've seen.
Hasegawa wheel wells like frying pans; Hobbyboss straight sided; both kits have wrongly-shaped underside cannon blisters, with Hobbyboss worse of the two.
Hasegawa fuselage slightly narrow aft of cockpit; Hobbyboss fuselage matches Cox's drawings in length, height & width.
Hasegawa has no armament; Hobbyboss has full gun complement, and an under-fuselage bomb, which would be better dropped.
Hasegawa no radio; Hobbyboss radio + tray + pose able hatch.

Hasegawa fixed control surfaces & flaps; Hobbyboss has separate surfaces & flaps.
Hasegawa choice of internal, or external, armoured windscreen; Hobbyboss external only, and the (separate) armour appears to thin, and wrongly-shaped.
Hasegawa's propellor (choice of blades & spinners) looks more realistic than the Hobbyboss effort.

Hobbyboss has fictional "ribbing" on the tailplane upper surfaces, but they're nowhere near as prominent as on the 1/24 Trumpeter kit, so can be sanded smooth quite easily.
Hobbyboss has finely-done rivet detail, all engraved, when the V had raised rivet heads aft of the cockpit.
Difficult to choose between decal sheets; Hobbyboss's red appears over-bright, but their Sky is closer than most other companies' efforts.

Edgar

There is a build on LSP as well

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=67098&hl=%2Bdouglas+%2Bbader

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1