Sopwith Pup - Airfix 1/72

stevehed

Haven't built this one since the original came out. One of life's survivors as I've still got it. This one is for export and will get Belgian markings.

413441771.jpg

Regards, Steve

Edited by stevehed
Removing photobucket content
  • Like 4

413441772.jpg

Just a quick update to prove I haven't fallen asleep. Lower wing is a good fit with the centre section requiring the barest stroke of a file. The joints are tiny and will succumb to paint. As there are only 26 parts I can't see there being a long WIP.

Regards, Steve

Edited by stevehed
  • Like 3

Only just found this Steve - I was afraid that PB had eaten your images - thankfully not. My that is an old kit - does it still have the starving cow ribs on the wings? Nice to see one in different markings: as usual you seem to be able to put a different angle on a standard model. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

P

Edited by pheonix

It's a nice enough kit but it has a couple of issues. The ribs don't bother me probably because I grew up with them but toning them down a bit wouldn't hurt. The pilot either needs modifying or replacing to prevent the extremely laid back look. The kit lacks the triangular cut out in the lower decking for excess oil behind the engine. As the cowling covers it I have never bothered but others have. There's plenty of plastic so it could be done with a decent file. The Belgian decals are from PJ Productions and lifted next day. I retrieved the top wing set with acrylic varnish but had to replace the lower wing set. Second time was better but not perfect. Usually use hot water only but may have to apply decal solution first next time. Belgium is a handy alternative for quite a few kits. HR and Eduard offer Belgium options for their Nieuports but Spad VII, Spad XIII, Sopwith Strutters, BE2c and Sopwith Camels could all sport Belgian roundels.

Regards, Steve