1/72 - Potez 540 Transport & Bomber by AZmodel (plastic Heller/SMER +) - released

Homebee

3 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

SMER plastic as in Heller plastic.  I do have a Heller one, theoretically dedicated to one of these transports.

Me also - but I am considering major work - Potez 62/65 

12_2.jpg

120_1.jpg

Now I wonder(?) if AZ is not planing to issue it as well (they likes to do whole families)...

BTW - no later that yesterday I just have a fast look at Potez 540 family. There is 542 with  different engines, also V type:

120_2.jpg

. Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

From what I read there, this has new conversion parts.

It has always been a nice kit. I like all of the Heller interwar French bombers. They're so ugly that they're beautiful!

I know, just my opinion :mental: .

The old KP MB 200 is a similar kit, also one of my favourite kits. I built it once and liked the result. Now the Smer boxings give us different cowlings and front fuselage options. A lot easier to build and get the glazing looking good than in the earlier kit.

I hope Smer and AZ go on to improve and embellish as many as they can from this range, I doubt we'll ever see new tools of these and they don't really need recessed panel lines.

Great news.

Best regards 

TT

• Like 2

I thought about the Potez 630, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "considered"!

I hadn't realised that SMER did any more than re-release it.  This was actually inspired by the aircraft in the photo at the top of the link above.  Did they provide an optional nose for the transport?  If so, begging mode on.  Does anyone have one spare?

@JWM There's a resin conversion available for Potez 62/650 from FGMmasterDujin. It's for use in conjunction with the Heller/Smer Potez 540 kit. I bought one some time ago, it was quite (quite!) expensive but looks very good. They're out of stock at the moment, but can normally be found here:

http://fgmmasterdujin.e-monsite.com/

@Graham Boak unfortunately the Smer Potez 540 doesn't have the transport nose :(. It's going to be the new feature in the AZ kit.

Re-reading my post I wuddled my mords a bit. Apologies.

It's another kit and French subject; The Smer Bloch MB 200 that has a different nose to the original old KP boxing.

I'm wandering off-topic here, but afaik it was KP, not Smer, that introduced those new nose parts for the MB 200, in  a very brief 'luxury' issue (including a full mask set). and now Smer sell it with the new nose parts included. I built the original kit and can say this is s very welcome redesign. 

I think Smer may sometimes have tooled new components in their kits. For example I think the wings in their Spitfire Vc kit. I think that boxing is the Heller Vb with Smer (or contracted out) wings (not the wings that were in the Airfix Vc AFAIK).

Maybe also the fuselage for their single seater Me 262 A and Czech derivative? 

I built both kits around 13 years ago. I'm pretty sure about the Spitfire, not so much about the 262. Even further OT one of their reboxes of the Frog Fairey Firefly has a vac-form canopy. That kit is currently part assembled in the Drawer Of Doom.

They sometimes throw a bit of etch in their kits too  :).

Best regards

TonyT

PS: Happy to edit this if too much OT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

There's a resin conversion available for Potez 62/650 from FGMmasterDujin. It's for use in conjunction with the Heller/Smer Potez 540 kit. I bought one some time ago, it was quite (quite!) expensive but looks very good. They're out of stock at the moment, but can normally be found here:

http://fgmmasterdujin.e-monsite.com/

Tony, thanks! It looks very good indeed. I did not know it before.

Regards

J-W

• 1 year later...

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old thread, but did the Potez 540 Transport version actually get released? I can't find reference to it anywhere, and there's none out there to be had even second hand.

Cheers!

Steve

3 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Thanks! Surprised I can't find one even second hand. I'll try the wanted section here.

Cheers!

Steve

29 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Thanks! Surprised I can't find one even second had.

I can add one to the basket here: http://www.bilek-eshop.cz/en/products/our-brands/az-model/az-7576-potez-540-transport-version/p/index/6

Well, two more:
http://www.tom-modellbau.de/epages/180804.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/180804/Products/"AZ 7576 (16576)"

https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-potez-p-540t-transport-version-azm7576

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Two more offers added
  • Thanks 1