Hello from Sheffield!

Piemania

After browsing the forums for some time I thought it better that I join up and say hello.

I started modelling in the 70's when I was a young lad, 1:72 Airfix & Matchbox are the kits that would have been around at the time and built many of them, all suspended from my ceiling with cotton. Packed it in around 1984 when my parents bought me a Spectrum for Christmas, then I discovered girls & booze and the rest is history, except in my 20's I bought myself a 1:16 Fujimi F40, which I still have here.... broken & in need of a respray.

So after a 25 year gap, I've started again, learning a lot of new skills and still mesmerized by the works of art I see on here and elsewhere. Has anyone discovered Plasmo on youtube?

In the last couple of months I've built about half a dozen airfix 1:72 starter kits (they were on offer last year in Aldi) with varying degrees of success, starting with rattle cans and ending up with my first airbrush, which I managed to break. Replacement on the way on a very slow boat from China. When this arrives I can finish them all off..... :)

Currently working on the Airfix 1:72 Dorrnier Do17z, what a superb kit this is for £11, amazing detail. Almost to the point of needing primer... but sadly no airbrush as yet lol.

Anyway, pleased to be here, looking forward to posting some of my finished work (soon), although macro photography can be very unkind...

:)

Welcome to the forum.

I'm from Sheffield as well. If you'd like some details about Sheffield Model Group please feel free to get in touch. Look forward to seeing some of you work on the forum soon.

Mark

• Like 1