After market accessories for Airfix 1/24 FW190

JHF

I'm about to start building Airfix's 1/24 scale Focke Wulf 190 A5/6, a long cherished dream to build a 1/24 scale aircraft again. This will be only my second aircraft build in this large scale, and the first one was in about 1978 or 1979 when I was either 12 or 13 years old.

Hannants lists a number of after market accessories for the Airfix FW190, and I'm sure none of them appeared until decades after the said kit first came out. The kit came out about late seventies or early eighties, but I'm sure the after market stuff manufactured by the likes of Aber, Master and Eduard didn't come out until the 2000s? It's great to have them to spruce up an old kit.

I have ordered sets of guns and seatbelts to enhance the FW190, but does anybody know if there are aftermarket exterior panels available, such as those that cover the gun bays and the radio compartment to the rear of the cockpit? Hannants has in stock landing gear by Scale Aircraft Conversions for the Trumpeter FW190D, but does anybody manufacture landing gear for the FW190 A version? The landing gear for the D version is metal, and thus stronger. I've checked Scale Aircraft Conversions' web site but there is no landing gear for the A version.

Could this kit also be enhanced with after market ailerons, slats, tailplanes and fin?

There is always the possibility of course for the modeller to do scratch building where there are no commercial products available, but I don't think my skills stretch far enough for that. Or put it this way, I don't think I would be able to invest enough time to do it, on top of what could be a lengthy project just by building it OOTB.

I would also like to insert the Airfix motor made to go with 1/24 scale aircraft in order to turn the propeller but this item seems to be out of stock everywhere now. If anybody knows where I might obtain one I would be grateful. On the other hand, there are other small motors available that will do just the same. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trumpeter have promised for years now to release a new 1/24 scale Focke Wulf 190 and a Stuka Ju87D but they still haven't come out. Does anybody know why? Is it costs?