***Finished*** Airfix Vulcan Black Buck 1

Well as I'm clot I've made it so the Shackleton will be delayed till I've got parts from revell. So will switch to this. Attempted this kit for the first MIB. This time I have the advantage of not having to fit AM exhuasrts and knowing how to avoid he issue that cost the first try. 71590E4D-95B2-43FD-8867-2F9EA9CF8CED_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

And were off, no detail in the pit, not even dial decal as it was really translucent and the black paint wasn't fully dry so its just black now, might try printing a replacement off. Avoided the issue that killed the last by not fitting the wing halves together, which will go togethor after the intakes are cleaned up a bit to make the seem a bit less unsightly.  

DADC2454-29BC-4132-9BA3-BFBF2DA5FD53_zps

512444AF-7B9E-4EB2-8DE0-1187F059B429_zps

41FCFD6C-7D47-429B-90CB-49F248F0F623_zps

• Like 3

PBS, you are doing a great job with this, looks like it is going together quite well.

You also seem to get through your stash quite rapidly too, and always with lovely end results!

Ray

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody hell this has been trouble, a lot has happened in between but finally the top camo is now all done, just to sort out the bottom with some big problems that arose during the break. Won't go into to it, like with 'nam you werent there man

35149593424_9f9e30f152_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well a lot of sanding required on the underside. Not all done as I got to scratch mould replacement flap actuators as I had to remove them to aid in sanding, and the crack on the port wing tip still needs more. Lost a bit of the raised lines but oh well. 

36522107826_1be3fb2a11_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Dermo245 said:

Looks great, sharp finish.

Maybe mount it on some acrylic or brass rod? Would look cool over a map of the mission or Falklands.

Dermot

Cheers, map is a good idea though it won't happen, would like it to live in its current position on the dresser next to my other Vulcan, have got some spare  aluminium tubing left from the the exhausts, might be worth using that to fashion some kind on support

• 2 months later...