Short Fuse Sallee in 1/72

DennisTheBear

Can anyone tell me if there is a set of AM decals in 1/72 for Richard Turner's "Short Fuse Sallee", either cor his P-51B or P-51D, or both.

Tried googleing for it yesterday but only came up with 1/48 which is not my scale.

TIA

DennisTheBear

Are you in a rush? There are decals, may be AM or came with a P-51B kit (perhaps the Monogram 1/72 one?). I am away from my decal stash till this time next week. I'll be happy to take a look if you don't find them sooner.

10 minutes ago, Chuck1945 said:

Are you in a rush? There are decals, may be AM or came with a P-51B kit (perhaps the Monogram 1/72 one?). I am away from my decal stash till this time next week. I'll be happy to take a look if you don't find them sooner.

Not in a rush, I'm re-reading "Mudtang Pilot" and would rather like to model his aircraft. Thaks!

DennisTheBear

SuperScale 72-874 or Tally Ho P-51 Mustang Aces Part 1 for 312434, a P-51B.

Mustang pilot is a great read. Remember that "Short Fuse Sallee" became "Short Fuse" after he recieved a "Dear John" letter from Sallee :-)

What kit would you use?

3 hours ago, FinnAndersen said:

SuperScale 72-874 or Tally Ho P-51 Mustang Aces Part 1 for 312434, a P-51B.

Mustang pilot is a great read. Remember that "Short Fuse Sallee" became "Short Fuse" after he recieved a "Dear John" letter from Sallee :-)

What kit would you use?

Thanks for that, I was having no luck finding it.

Either the Academy or the Hasegawa for the B, as I have both, and either the Airfix (new tool) or Hasegawa for the D.

DennisTheBear

• 8 months later...

Wahoo! Finally found SuperScale decal sheet 72-874 with Richard E. Turner's markings!

Got them from the US at a very reasonable price and an excellent postal rate. Took a reasonable time for the price to get here, so I'm very happy!

Thanks Chuck1945 and FinnAnderson for your replies last year.

Quess this means I'll have to start a WIP soon.:snail:

DennisTheBear

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Hannants sell one set labeled V-1 Aces which has Turner’s P-51D-5-NA - building it now :)

Ahh, now I'll have to buy that one too! Thanks for the info, I'll go looking now.:rage:

DennisTheBear

Well, 2 minutes online and I've found the sheet mentioned by Torbjorn and it should be on its way to me soon, and from here in Oz, not from far off England.

Fortunately I have several Mustangs in my stash so I don't have to get another model.:pilot:

DennisTheBear

Edited by DennisTheBear
Spelling