35062367890_e4700c4383_h.jpgShutterchance_UL-7759 by Simon, on Flickr

35062367940_6e5ff65271_h.jpgShutterchance_UL-7755 by Simon, on Flickr

35062368040_2606c49c3a_h.jpgShutterchance_UL-7750 by Simon, on Flickr

35449160195_cf61d29574_h.jpgShutterchance_UL-7748 by Simon, on Flickr

35062367660_18ff3fb81d_h.jpgShutterchance_UL-7747 by Simon, on Flickr

• Like 46

1 hour ago, sig226 said:

My Modelsvit Su-17M3 based at Shindand AB during the Soviet Afghan war 1985

Did you use any aftermarket bits? nose cone? cockpit?

Excellent! My Modelsvit Su-7 was a delight to build!

Keeping the cost down! I just need a copy of the Aztec Peruvian decal set and I'll be set up!!! Building planned to start after my two F-100s.... two F-104s...... a RF-84F..... T-33 and F-80.... two MIG-21s..... and a few more.... Oh, and the Hs 123s I just bought!  ;)

Martin  

Edited by RidgeRunner

This looks stunning, I was really tempted by one of these when it was released. How does it build up in terms of fit and quality of the detail?

Very nice work,

Eng

20 hours ago, eng said:

This looks stunning, I was really tempted by one of these when it was released. How does it build up in terms of fit and quality of the detail?

Very nice work,

Eng

the fit was pretty good for a limited run kit no locating pins however so care has to be taken,

the detail however is phenomenal for 1/72 for example the Zvezda K36 ejection seat has about 27 parts which is slightly more than the Kittyhawk 1/48!  the wing fence/pylons are seperate and commendably thin and a decent amount of etch brass is included for things like aerials and the chaff/flare dispensers along the fuselage. In short....go out and buy one or two !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sig226 said:

In short....go out and buy one or two !

I did! I also bought a Master pitot set. From your images it looks as though there are no vanes?

Martin

Those colours look quite good. What brand paints did you use on the camo scheme.

I like the shape of the Su-17, very utilitarian but purposeful at the same time. Looks like the Modelsvit kit is a nice subject in this scale too.

Nice one,

Mick

17 hours ago, sig226 said:

In short....go out and buy one or two !

Dear me; I may have to.  For months since the obvious good character of this kit became apparent, I've been edging towards the point of tossing the 1/48 KP effort, along with all the resin, brass and Linden Hill decals I've accumulated for it and scaling down to this little jewel. This build is another hefty shove in that direction!

2 hours ago, AngstROM said:

This build is another hefty shove in that direction!

It got me hooked! I built and modified a Smer kit a while back and was pleased but this a beauty!

Martin

• Like 1

On 2017-6-22 at 9:26 PM, RidgeRunner said:

I did! I also bought a Master pitot set. From your images it looks as though there are no vanes?

Martin

they are included on the etch but so bloody tiny I lost some to the carpet monster when they went ballistic !, I plan on fitting a master pitot too mate !

On 2017-6-23 at 10:00 AM, Mick Drover said:

Those colours look quite good. What brand paints did you use on the camo scheme.

I like the shape of the Su-17, very utilitarian but purposeful at the same time. Looks like the Modelsvit kit is a nice subject in this scale too.

Nice one,

Mick

Hi I used Tamiya paints and the colours were :XF23 Light Blue, XF58 Olive Green, XF59 Desert Yellow, XF64 Red Brown & XF67 NATO Green

Hope this helps.