Have any of you guys modelled aircraft in Ace Combat markings?

Valleyofvallejo

I'm planning on primarily modelling my aircraft in the marking of the nations in the Ace Combat series, in addition to scratchbuilding some of the fictional aircraft. Have any of you guys have modelled Ace Combat aircraft? FYI, this is for those who don't know what Ace Combat is: http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Ace_Combat

P.S. How do you get the decals for the Ace Combat markings? Custom printing or buying them off retailers?

• Like 1

It would help if you narrowed down your question.  Which air force are you looking for?  Osea? Belkan? Erusea?

Or are you looking for ace pilot decals ? Razgeiz? Scarface? Yellow 13? Garuda1? 

I know that Hasagawa has an Ace Combat model line.

https://goo.gl/images/yaZfdA

And just as an FYI, there is a group in DCS that does Ace Combat skins. Some of them are pretty good.

zw4Pa7Z_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

They even do some older stuff in Ace Combat markings. 

ace_combat_woldcat_by_ironhawk711-d4jjhi

An Y.A.F and ODF Wildcat on patrol. 

Edited by Thud4444

On 2017-6-22 at 21:18, Thud4444 said:

It would help if you narrowed down your question.  Which air force are you looking for?  Osea? Belkan? Erusea?

Or are you looking for ace pilot decals ? Razgeiz? Scarface? Yellow 13? Garuda1? 

I know that Hasagawa has an Ace Combat model line.

https://goo.gl/images/yaZfdA

And just as an FYI, there is a group in DCS that does Ace Combat skins. Some of them are pretty good.

zw4Pa7Z_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

They even do some older stuff in Ace Combat markings. 

ace_combat_woldcat_by_ironhawk711-d4jjhi

An Y.A.F and ODF Wildcat on patrol. 

Osea. I'm planning on doing an Osean Corsair. Would I have to make custom decals?

Something like this? 

Osean F4U Corsair

Or this?

a7_corsair_ii_by_handofmanos-d8gn4h6.jpg

If you're looking for older stuff,  yes your gonna have to print them yourself.  Only the newer stuff can be found by Hasagawa.

Edited by Thud4444

1 hour ago, Thud4444 said:

Something like this? 

Osean F4U Corsair

Or this?

a7_corsair_ii_by_handofmanos-d8gn4h6.jpg

If you're looking for older stuff,  yes your gonna have to print them yourself.  Only the newer stuff can be found by Hasagawa.

For the above, yes. For the below, no. How much would it cost to get some custom printed decals from Microscale/Cartograf?

I'm planning on using stencils for my attempt at Osean markings. I found a cheap plastic stencil of various sized stars that I'm gonna lay over each other. It's a simple cheap solution,  but it should work.  The design isn't very complex. 

Edited by Thud4444