Tamiya 1/35 PZ II Ausf. F - First model ever

Hi guys!

Please find my first build that I just recently finished.

It is Tamiya 1/35 Pz. II Ausf. F

Firstly please note that the decals are from this set but not correct to the painting. I failed at first attempt to paint the tank and lost the decals I wanted to use initially.

I'll greatly appreciate for a feedback on what I did wrong/could improve.

Paints I used are Tamiya for airbrushing and Vallejo Model Color for details. Mud is just a paint and bicarbonate of soda with a bit of water. For sealing I have used Vallejo Matt Acrylic Varnish and Alclad Aqua Gloss (ALC-600). 

When used Vallejo Matt I found that model became much brighter than it was. I'm not sure if current weather in London affected it or if it's norm.

Enjoy and comment!

Thank you!

• Like 13

Well Merk... I wish my first model had turned out as nice as that . You are definitely heading in the right direction.  Don't be afraid to post more photos we like a good shufty . As suggested try adding some highlights next time but other than that.  Top notch for a first build sir .

Jim.

More photos!

That top shot looks very nice!

Need front, back, both sides, and maybe a quarter on.

Panzer grey, like all single colour schemes, can come out bland, but you have done a great job on your Panzer II to vary the tones.:goodjob:

But, need more pics! :)

Guys thank you for your feedback! Really appreciate it.

To those who are asking for more pictures. It is a link to Instagram so it only shows the first picture from the album. If you go to the right edge of pic you should get a button so you can swipe through the other pictures. There should be both sides, front and back.

Thanks! :)

• Like 1