Hi from County Durham

Brewup

Hi Everyone

I recently returned to the hobby after very very long absence 

Put it this was "when I was a lad" glue only came in tubes, there was no such thing as PE and a wash was something you did in the bathroom :P 

So I am trying to get get back up to speed with all the new products available and techniques so these forums have been a veritable gold mine of of hints. tips and ideas 

And of course just looking at the amazing builds you guys produce leaves me in awe (and a little envious), if one day I could produce anything nearly as good I will be very happy. 

Although I do have a soft spot for Spitfires (who does not :) ) my modelling interests are very varied from aircraft to AFV's to Sci Fi 

For example in my new stash there is 1/32 MkIX Spitifre, a 1/48 Catalina, a CV90 and a Klingon D7 and USS Enterprise (both of which I am thinking of installing lighting) 

So give me a little more time and if I can pluck up the courage I will post some photos of my completed projects :) 

Thanks 

Thanks Mike 

Yes lots to learn but I am sure it will be lots of fun 

BTW your Martin Baker MB5 looks amazing, I love the look of this aircraft, once of those planes that just "looks right"   I keep trying to get one of these from a well know auction site but keep missing out 

And your Millenium Falcon , very very nice indeed I actually have the old AMT "cutway" kit and keep toying with the idea if adding more details and to add lighting 

So many ideas so many projects just not enough time :) 

:blush: You're too kind :) It's the age-old problem, wishful thinking versus time and money  :shrug: Mind you, if I was much more prolific, I'd be in need of a larger house :owww:

Ian   :welcome:   from a fellow North East modeler depending on where you live there are a number of local model clubs in the area I,am a member of the Washington Model club

But there are others that will help you get back into the hobby and should be able to give you hints and tips about what is new always good to pick up some good help from this forum to  :book:

beefy  ( Keith )

Thanks Keith 

I live in Chester le Street but due to work commitments I work late most evenings and some weekend so although I would love meet up with other modellers it would be hard for me to do that :(

But as you said there is always lots of friendly advise available here :)

Ian 

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

Welcome on board. It's great to have another member of the Northeast chapter, although I'm a little bit further up the map in Widdrington.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy the friendly banter here on Britmodeller and in particular, benefit from the deep knowledge and freely given information from our members.

This site has kept me sane since being forced into early retirement due to ill health two years ago.

Many thanks Chris 

I have started few new projects but just on cheaper kits so I can practice and hopefully improve my airbrushing skills (so much fun) but I know if I get stuck there will plenty of friendly advise from you guys 

Cheers

Ian