Hello everyone!

MerkalA

Hi guys!  

I recently joined the forum and looking forward into it. Appreciate for acepting me into the group!

I'm new to the hobby so any help would be appreciated. If any experienced modeller is willing to help, please PM me :)

I'm an engineer in AV industy. Located in London UK. Anyone form the area? ;)

Enjoy the summer :)

A.

"London"  is a big place,  you may want to be more specific, and see if there is a local model club nearby,  hopefully one with members here, who might do some introductions, (I've done this at my club) and  as it always good to see builds  'in the flesh' and ask the builder how they did 'such and such'

Also, what are you looking at building,  the main area on the forum is I think the aviation, but plenty of other areas covered.

a few suggestions of how to get the best from the forum,  

if you do post up a request or start a thread,  choose the thread titles carefully, as it's the bit you see when browsing, and specific questions get better answers,  

Have a search for questions you might have, the site search may have improved,  but I use google, and add 'britmodeller' into the search terms,  you may find your answer, and if not it's always worth saying you haven't found what you are looking for, or you are confused by conflicting answers...

If you have  a project in mind, see if some has done a build of the kit, and see what they made of it.

Don't worry about posting photos of your work,  macro lenses are unforgiving it show glitches,  and if you are starting out you will get positive feedback on what you are doing well, and if you ask, suggestions for improvements, 

There are a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable members here,  and the suggestion should help you get the best out of them,  Britmodeller at it's best gets a happy balance of being friendly with positive feedback, and helpful criticism, especially if you ask for it.

cheers

T

Welcome to the site Adrian! It's a friendly group here to help.  What genre of models do you think you'd like to get into (vehicles, things with wings, science fiction)?

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

Mainly I'm interested in WWII tanks, but at some point I will want to try aircrafts as well. So far I managed to put one finish Tamiya PZ2 from 70's ( yea I know everyone started with this one ;). I will upload pictures later in the appropriate sub-forum.

Next tank I'm looking into is StuG III  (old Tamiya kit as well). For now I tend to work more on the cheap kits to get some skills before I will crack on an expensive one.

Curently I live in Brixton area. So if anybody is around gimme a shout!

Thanks,

A.

Those old kits are a good way to get started, and with a bit of patience, they can build into a nice little model.  Brixton's a fun area, I'm originally from West Dulwich, so I know that area well.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello merkal,

Welcome from one newbie to another. Were all Always here to help. Just seek out your subject if you cant find anything. Start your very own thread. Im new as well and the 2nd day here i started one seeking advice on spitfire mk12's. So anyone can do it:D