G'day from Perth

Chooka

Hi everyone out there,

It is a pleasure to join this forum.  I have been watching for a while and decided to chuck my hat into the ring.

I picked up the hobby again about three years ago after a 25 year hiatus and am relearning some of the long forgotten skills, as well as developing new ones.

I generally model 72 scale aircraft (RAAF where I can), but my last project was a 35 scale Tamiya Panzer II Africa Korps, and I have just stated a Tamiya 16 scale tank crewman to broaden my horizons. The German thing is a pure coincidence.  I will post my progress with my figure in the appropriate forum to seek feedback.

Cheers all - I am looking forward to 'meeting' you all.

CfB

Edited by Chooka
added detail
  • Like 2

Hello Chooka,

Welcome from a Britmodeller on the other side of the continent; A chilly Canberra. :cold: .

There are a lot of people here that have returned to the hobby after a big gap. As you say it's relearning old things and learning new ones. For both there's a lot of help, advice and encouragement on here.

It's great to hear that you build wingy things, AFV and figures. Looking forward to seeing your tank crewman :).

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

a pleasure to join this forum.  I have been watching for a while and decided to chuck my hat into the ring.........is that with or without corks lol..

I'll get me coat.....

Nah welcome looking forward to seeing you on the forums.....I mainly stick to real aviation and wind up the RAF types since I'm from proper aviation:D

I really should post some pics but it's such a bind....mind you I have done it before.

See you on here soon 

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome all.  I will start posting my tank crewman and the 1/700 HMAS Vampire I am working on when I organise an online photo account.

Cheers,

CfB

Wow, looks like Britmodeller is on a West Australian recruiting drive, Perth and the Pilbara in the last couple of new member posts. Make sure you don't mis Wasmex next April! 😀. I'm Perth based as well by the way. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1