This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - Lockheed AP-2H Neptune conversion set by Blackbird Models - design in progress - release in 2017

Brilliant! To be followed by the OP-2E, one hopes...

Richard in NZ

All we need now of course is a decent NEW Neptune kit to go with the conversion!! To my knowledge, the ancient Hasegawa kit is still the only game in town. I first built that one 42 years ago!

Allan

While on the subject of modified Neptunes - I have a special Dutch limited edition of the Hasegawa kit with a Dutch Decal shet and a resin gun nose as used in Indonesia.

A few of these birds even had air-to-air kills..!

Cheers,

Andre

The Hase kit is indeed the only game in town and has been OOP for some years. Unfortunately, at this time, correspondence with Hase informs me they have no plans to release it.

Just to be clear...theses Blackbird models conversion sets P2V-5 and OP-2E, they have not been released yet??

I only ask, as their site lists them both as "out of stock". I hope I didn't completely miss the boat on these sets! I've been wanting to build an OP-2E forever and have the old Airmodel P2V-5 vac conversion as my basis...but if a nice resin conversion is available I'd surely go that route.

The fact that they don't have a price attached should be a giveaway. What about the ones that have a price but no photo? Or the ones that have both but when you order them there is just a big silence?

Posted (edited)

At any rate, I will be very happy to see these conversions come out, whenever they do. I definitely second about the need for a new-mould Neptune. It was a very important maritime reconnaissance/patrol aircraft that was used by many nations for something like 40 years. A very important post-war aircraft. Of course, I have an AP-2H conversion (using the ancient In-Country conversion kit) and an OP-2E conversion (using only my own somewhat suspect cunning), both based upon the ancient Hasegawa kit. Still, I look forward to anything new on the Neptune front in 1/72nd scale, as it's one of my all-time favourite aircraft.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Nice to see them moving along on this. I hope they're still working on the OP-2E conversion (and the MR.1).

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Minor correction. Almost too small to mention.

I see from another post below ("Hasegawa Newsletters 2017", on p.2 when I posted this) that Hase now has plans for a re-release of their Neppie. Whilst I'd prefer a new mould, this will be most welcome just the same.

there are tons of them out there. Some cheap, some reasonably price while others well......

hacker....yah it's me again

On 01/09/2017 at 23:24, hacker said:

there are tons of them out there. Some cheap, some reasonably price while others well......

hacker....yah it's me again

Yes indeed, I know a store that has stocks of the Revell repop and still selling them at the original price of £14.99.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

8 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Yes indeed, I know a store that has stocks of the Revell repop and still selling them at the original price of £14.99.

Thomo.

Prray tell please

The converion is available right now from Blackbirdsmodels website..

Mine is already shipped and should be here soon:yes: