1/72 - Lockheed AP-2H & OP-2E Neptune conversion sets by Blackbird Models - AP-2H & OP-2E released

Homebee

All we need now of course is a decent NEW Neptune kit to go with the conversion!! To my knowledge, the ancient Hasegawa kit is still the only game in town. I first built that one 42 years ago!

Allan

• Like 2

While on the subject of modified Neptunes - I have a special Dutch limited edition of the Hasegawa kit with a Dutch Decal shet and a resin gun nose as used in Indonesia.

A few of these birds even had air-to-air kills..!

Cheers,

Andre

Just to be clear...theses Blackbird models conversion sets P2V-5 and OP-2E, they have not been released yet??

I only ask, as their site lists them both as "out of stock". I hope I didn't completely miss the boat on these sets! I've been wanting to build an OP-2E forever and have the old Airmodel P2V-5 vac conversion as my basis...but if a nice resin conversion is available I'd surely go that route.

The fact that they don't have a price attached should be a giveaway. What about the ones that have a price but no photo? Or the ones that have both but when you order them there is just a big silence?

At any rate, I will be very happy to see these conversions come out, whenever they do. I definitely second about the need for a new-mould Neptune. It was a very important maritime reconnaissance/patrol aircraft that was used by many nations for something like 40 years. A very important post-war aircraft. Of course, I have an AP-2H conversion (using the ancient In-Country conversion kit) and an OP-2E conversion (using only my own somewhat suspect cunning), both based upon the ancient Hasegawa kit. Still, I look forward to anything new on the Neptune front in 1/72nd scale, as it's one of my all-time favourite aircraft.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

• 2 months later...

Nice to see them moving along on this. I hope they're still working on the OP-2E conversion (and the MR.1).

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Minor correction. Almost too small to mention.

I see from another post below ("Hasegawa Newsletters 2017", on p.2 when I posted this) that Hase now has plans for a re-release of their Neppie. Whilst I'd prefer a new mould, this will be most welcome just the same.

• 1 month later...
On 01/09/2017 at 23:24, hacker said:

there are tons of them out there. Some cheap, some reasonably price while others well......

hacker....yah it's me again

Yes indeed, I know a store that has stocks of the Revell repop and still selling them at the original price of £14.99.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid

8 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Yes indeed, I know a store that has stocks of the Revell repop and still selling them at the original price of £14.99.

Thomo.

Prray tell please

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
23 hours ago, dalea said:

Currently out of stock, already

I think it is because he hasnt yet released the stock. He has been unwell and, I guess, challenged by time and energy. Its great news that it is finally available. :)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner