RUF CTR Yellowbird

I would think the Fujimi 964 Turbo model. I think the CTR & Turbo may have had wider rear arches, but I'm not 100% on that, so maybe any 964 model might do, such as; 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/160312-fujimi-12061-porsche-911-carrera-2

Keith

Edit - the 964 Turbo boxing looks to have a similar rear spoiler

Edit 2 - are you wanting to build the original 1987 car or one of the 2017 recreations? The wheels are much different on the latter. Fujimi did a set of 'Ruf' 18 inch wheels (kit number IU 12) which with some work might look similar to the original Yellowbird's wheels.

Edit of the above edit, these may be more workable for wheels for the original cars;

http://www.scaleproduction.de/product_info.php?info=p2264_17--oz-futura.html

Thanks, Keith -- I'm aiming for one of the originals, inspired by Magnus Walker's new book, which is ace...

It looks like this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10001124

is probably the same plastic, looking at your 2009 GB. It's the only version that's easily available, as far as I can see. Would you mind taking a look at the instructions on the Hobbysearch site to see if they look familiar?

Those Scaleproduction wheels look good. I need to order some stuff from Michael anyway... he has a couple of upgrades to add to my ongoing Singer parts acquisition proje ct...

best,

M.

The Ruf Yellowbird was built from a non-turbo Carrera 911. You can see in your pic that it doesn't have the large rear fender flares that any of the Turbos have. 

The 964 was the 911 replacement and had a different chassis, bumpers, mirrors and interior. 

I would start with any of the Fujimi Enthusiast Model (EM series) kits. They're a bit fiddly to build. The kit you linked to is based off that series so if you can find the narrowbody Carrera, that would be a great starting point too.

It's been a while since I've looked at one of those but it should also have the correct Carrera rear spoiler for the Yellowbird. 

Hope that helps

Carl

Hi M.

The one you linked to appears to be the RSR boxing which has the 'bi-plane' rear spoiler. I've just found the instructions for the one I 'think' I built for the group build you mention (do you have a link to that by any chance, I can't find it using site search) & that was actually the 964 Turbo boxing which has the rear spoiler that I think is the same as the CTR, it's certainly nearer than the RSR one looks (to me anyway) It doesn't appear from the Hobby Search scans that the Turbo spoiler is included in the RSR kit as a spare - the D sprue parts are the rear spoiler bits in both boxings. Unfortunately I sold the RSR kit I had at Telford last year so can't physically check what's in the box.

This is the boxing that has the rear spoiler I think you need;

Porsche-964-turbo-fujimi.jpg

Keith

22 minutes ago, FG2Si said:

The Ruf Yellowbird was built from a non-turbo Carrera 911. You can see in your pic that it doesn't have the large rear fender flares that any of the Turbos have. 

The 964 was the 911 replacement...

Being picky Carl, it was the replacement for the 911 3.2, it's still a 911...:D

But you're quite right about the wings, and have confirmed my doubt that I mentioned in my first post. I've  just checked my built Turbo & an unbuilt 964 kit (non EM) and the arches are completely different, so I think that one on Hobby Search is a no go M.

Unfortunately if I did have any Fujimi EM series 964's then I'm afraid they've long been sold too, so can't confirm what, if any, rear spoilers they have in them.

I do still have one of these (the non EM kit mentioned above), and it doesn't have any rear spoiler in it, just a lip around the engine cover vent;160312-10911-pristine.jpg

Keith

Thanks, all... as it happens, I have the yellow Carrera 2 boxing above, so it means I don't have to find another kit! Scaleproduction.de seems to have a variety of essential bits in resin, so I've ordered the correct spoiler and semi-conical "cup" mirrors, plus some seats. The only issue is that 17" RUF Speedline wheels seem a bit hard to find! Scaleproduction has some 18" Speedlines, but the "spoke" insert is a different shape and the rims look to be bolted together...

I'll keep hunting...

best,

M.