Broken decals

Harrywilliams

Easy-peasy; wet the broken off piece, push gently into place with a no.1 or 00 paint brush. Let dry. Get some Roundel Blue paint and carefully paint over the blue

• Like 1

Ouch!

I think I have 2 Airfix Vulcan sheets that I won't be using, so if I can find them please pm me an address that I can get them to you at and they are yours.  They're a bit old (original boxing) but should still be serviceable.  Some of the stencils have been used but the national markings are, so far, intact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Black Knight said:

Easy-peasy; wet the broken off piece, push gently into place with a no.1 or 00 paint brush. Let dry. Get some Roundel Blue paint and carefully paint over the blue

Thanks! I was seriously worried about that!

extra; if you haven't applied the other decals from that set; get some Liquid Decal Film and paint it over every one of them. One coat is usually enough but two coats is good too. The LDF will stop the decals breaking up like that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stever219 said:

Ouch!

I think I have 2 Airfix Vulcan sheets that I won't be using, so if I can find them please pm me an address that I can get them to you at and they are yours.  They're a bit old (original boxing) but should still be serviceable.  Some of the stencils have been used but the national markings are, so far, intact.

Thanks, I'll try what black night has suggested and if for some reason it doesn't work, I'll pm you my address.

-Harry

Personally, I wouldn't trust water now. The original adhesive will have been ruined. Use Micro Set and Micro Sol instead. Follow the instructions and you won't have to bother with any other treatment. (Other than the usual application of varnishes to your finished model)

I hope that helps.

Badder

• Like 1