This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Britmodeller has changed!!!!! (again)

Posted (edited)

Nice change. Looks good from the x° N/S y° E/W    x° S/N (180 − y)° W/E.

Edited by Devo

Oh yes? Good job it says "Australia" in your details :tease:

I'm liking the new modern look. Well done!

I don't know whether it's a coincidence or not, but I cleared down the new member queue just before I flicked the switch on the Theme change, and this morning we're inundated with new members.  28 new people registering in 24 hours... that's a bit more than usual :hmmm:

We'll blame Simon ;)

Whatever happened overnight has fixed the scrolling and movement problems I had with Chrome.  It may indeed have been something external to the changes made: as has been said many times, if there's something odd happening on your computer switch it off and start again.  Possibly the second most common advice after "Is it plugged in?"

Thanks to Space Ranger for his keyboard trick.  Though I'm uncertain whether it takes it to quite as before, it doesn't matter much.

As for the "sitting closer" advice - try consulting an optician on the appropriateness of that advice.

I'm loving the new look.

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

As for the "sitting closer" advice - try consulting an optician on the appropriateness of that advice.

I'm due a regular check-up, so I'll make sure I mention it ^_^

Thanks Jeffrey :) I'll have a shufti at that later when I've got a bit more time.

Simon has bunged me a couple more backgrounds for the header - a better ship based one, a Harrier for the non-prop guys, and a Lunar Module for the RealSpace guys.  Enjoy! :)

Hello,Mike - Wishing your Goodself and the Tech.Team all the very best with the new-look Forum.Splendid it looks too! Onwards and upwards for Britmodeller.I just need to increase my New Topic numbers?!😳

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

Thanks Paul :)

Typical me, if I don't do it now, I'll forget :doh: I've adjusted the settings so that the posts are more "spaced" from eachother, and while I was there I increased the size of the font a tad to save everyone going blind :)

Posted (edited)

Looks very swish!

I've noticed a couple of minor things when viewing on my iPad- firstly  the forum loads considerably slower and secondly, once it loads, the page doesn't "latch" and floats from left to right when scrolling until I manually locate it (using finger and thumb with a pinching gesture). Loading more posts causes the page to unlatch again.

Being a total dunce when it comes to code, I haven't the faintest idea if I'm describing the issues using anything like the correct terminology, but hopefully it makes sense!

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by lasermonkey
Typo

I think what I'm seeing when using my iPad is that the page doesn't size correctly. It loads too wide, which is why I'm able to slide the page from side to side.

Hopefully that makes a little more sense!

Cheers,

Mark.

Excellent work.

Will the Car, Motorbike, Van & Truck banner options be uploaded soon? :D

3 minutes ago, mbdesignart said:

Will the Car, Motorbike, Van & Truck banner options be uploaded soon? :D

I know you're only kidding (sort of), but as we're limited to 6 in total, we aimed for the largest demographics so we get the least angry emails! ;)

55 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I think what I'm seeing when using my iPad is that the page doesn't size correctly. It loads too wide, which is why I'm able to slide the page from side to side.

Hopefully that makes a little more sense!

It does, thanks Mark.  One of the guys has an iPad and he's described the situation (badly) before, so we can hopefully go to get some support from the nice gentleman we bought the Theme from and ask him how to fix that.  Hopefully he'll have access to an iPad to replicate the "wobble". :)

I was about to agree with @JeffreyK , but then I noticed that you have now put the posts in little boxes, which is much clearer. Although it obviously adds nothing to the content of the site, it definitely makes it look slicker and more professional – Simon and the whole team have done an excellent job.

As far as testing it on different platforms – I works well on Linux (Mint) running Chrome.

Glad you like it :) It does spread things out a wee bit, but not much and most folks won't notice, especially if we don't say anything :ninja:

It's a good layout, I like it. I'll probably change my header every week because I like all of the options.

There was a hate site? Strewth. The internet never ceases to amaze me. I thought I had seen all the pettiness having moderated a motorcycle site, but I guess there can truly be no end to stupidity........

But I digress, nice job and onwards and upwards.

Thanks Stuart :)

Like the Comedian badge - watched the film t'other night.  I'd forgotten it was 3 hours long!

Posted (edited)

Overall I do like the changes, but the bold post titles in a smaller font are a bit hard on my eyes; fiddling with Firebug, changing the font weight to normal and size to 1.5rem is a lot easier to read and makes little difference to the number of posts on show, subjective I know but I find too high contrast schemes somewhat wearing on the eyes, I would prefer bigger but less bright.

Rather too much of this, would much prefer this.

Edited by CheshireGap
format

1 hour ago, CheshireGap said:

Overall I do like the changes, but the bold post titles in a smaller font are a bit hard on my eyes; fiddling with Firebug, changing the font weight to normal and size to 1.5rem is a lot easier to read and makes little difference to the number of posts on show, subjective I know but I find too high contrast schemes somewhat wearing on the eyes, I would prefer bigger but less bright.

Rather too much of this, would much prefer this.

Exprain prease :)  Can you do annotated picture like Jeffrey did?