New Book out on top Polish Ace, "Skalski: Against All Odds"

PolMikeD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4523808/First-fighter-ace-WWII-Polish-war-hero.html 

The book's author, Franciszek Grabowski, is a fellow Polish aviation historian, who I have been corresponding with for several years and met in Poland at two of the reunions of the Polish Air Force Veterans Association in Warsaw in 2003 & 2007. I have tremendous respect for Frank. His work is typically meticulous and rich in detail; and I look forward to getting this book. Little has been written about Skalski in the English language, and most of that is pretty basic, only covering the surface. I met Skalski three times over the years, and he has an interesting epic story to tell. This book promises to flesh out the 2 dimensional Skalski we've seen to date, while covering his individual air battles, service with both RAF and PAF squadrons, in particular Skalski's Polish Fighting Team in North Africa in some detail. The book will also cover his post war incarceration by the Polish Communist Government, subsequent release and life after Poland was freed again. It was in the beginning of this latter phase that I first met Skalski in 1989. Needless to say he was not very complimentary about his former jailers. We'll see how much more I can learn from Frank's book. Most likely, Frank has enlisted the support of his close friends, fellow Polish aviation historians, in Poland, who band together and support each others work. The are a great bunch of guys, and they turn out a great product. 

You can place your order at a discount with The Book Depository in the UK. (works for USA customers, too)  I have already.They had the best price with free shipping and I get the books in less than 2 weeks.