Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulT 876

Mirage IIIEE 1/72nd

Hi

I shall try to make and finish a Revell 72nd Mirage IIIE as a EE in the later Spanish markings.

I will post the normal photos later when I have taken them.

See Ya

Paul

3 people like this

Paul,

Welcome to the GB with another great choice of subject.

Good to see a Spanish jet in the GB, whose decals are you using?

Hi Wez

I have the Carpena 72-08 sheet just now so that's my main one so far, but I hope to get the Series Espanolas Mirage IIIEE/DE SHEET SE472 soon also in 48th and they do a F1 sheet also in 72nd-48th.

Paul

14 minutes ago, PaulT 876 said:

Hi Wez

I have the Carpena 72-08 sheet just now so that's my main one so far, but I hope to get the Series Espanolas Mirage IIIEE/DE SHEET SE472 soon also in 48th and they do a F1 sheet also in 72nd-48th.

Paul

Never heard of the Series Espanolas sheets before, where do you get them from?

3 hours ago, Wez said:

Never heard of the Series Espanolas sheets before, where do you get them from?

They are a Spanish company Wez.

11 minutes ago, Jabba said:

They are a Spanish company Wez.

What gave it away? :shrug:

I was wondering whether there was a UK source or indeed wondering whether I needed to use my best Spanish phrase to get them (which is BTW "Tu cerdo es feo").

Edited by Wez

2 hours ago, PaulT 876 said:

Hi Wez

Is That Spanish for where's my beer gone mate.

http://www.aeronautiko.com/product_info.php?products_id=45067  try this for the decals.

I shall order some by the end of the week.

Paul

Actually Paul, it means "Your pig is ugly", which probably wouldn't get you what you wanted unless you wanted a punch in the nose!

It was one of the phrases I had to translate when I was trying to learn Spanish.

My second favourite phrase was "Las reinas no beben cerveza", tickled me to think of members of Spanish royalty not accepting a drink when offered (it means "The Queens do not drink beer"), funny what you remember.

Anyway, thanks for the link I'll check them out.

1 person likes this

Revell 1/72 Mirage IIIE...    can I give this one a great big :thumbsup:

A little bit of context for my point of view.    This kit is an old kit, dating from 1976.  Back in 1976 as a callow youth, I was on a family holiday to Fleetwood.  There was a big model shop that I visited there.  There were lots and lots of things I wanted to buy but didn't have the money.  I thought that I could save my daily allowance and by the end of the holiday I could afford a nice kit.   The kits that caught my eye were the Revell Mirage and the Revell YF-16. 

Come the end of the holiday, I could afford one or the other, not both.   I settled on the Mirage. 

I entered the model shop only to find that the last Mirage had been sold, but in its place on the shelf was the Matchbox F-4M Phantom.  Do you remember the box art for that?  What young lad could resist it?  So I bought the Phantom.

I never did build the Revell Mirage; something I have always regretted.  So now I'm going to put that right, albeit vicariously through your build. :)

:popcorn:

1 person likes this

Hi Enzo

In 1976 I was 18 in the RAF on my 1st tour in Wiltshire and bombing about on a Honda CB250G5 that I got new the year before in 1977 and i passed my test 3 days later after I got it.

I do remember most of the box tops, been making kits since 1963/64 I know I was making them when I was in Hospital for 8 weeks when I was 6 and I had been making them for a while before that.

I have started the Revell kit a few time but not finished them so for me it will be a 1st and the 2nd GB I would have finished started loads.

I have about 8 of them could be more as I keep finding ones when I move the stash around, got loads of Mirage kits as I have said before.

I shall prod start the GB early next week as things to do this next few days.

Paul

2 people like this