Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plasto

Fujimi Bf109K-4 1/48

Hi,

Witj my Emil finished and my Fredrich well on the way to being finished I thought I might be able to squeeze another build in before the GB closes.

I would have liked to have built Hasegawas 1/48 K-4 but U could not find one for sensible money.. The fujimi kit gets a MID so I think I can run with that...

36755171-110A-4268-A5E8-755AF9CFA1AE_zps

the kit is unstated and I have a CMK resin cockpit floating around for it as well. 

Squadrons Bf 109 in action part 2 has a nice colour illustration for a late machine in late war colours on the back cover.. I think I might run with that for a scheme.. 

Ill begin once the Fredrich is complete.

Cheers

Plasto

2 people like this

So with the Fredrich finished and another win by the AB's secured I have turned my attention to the Kurfürst...

I have assembled the bare fuselage including the cowl inserts which needed careful gluing to get good alignment. I've also filled the panel lines which fujimi have in place for a late Gustav.. the Tooling serves for both a late G10 and a K-4. A quick consult of my references helped me fill in the Gustav specific panel lines... 

I've also assembled most of the resin tub and sidewalls and given them a base coat of RLM66

C9C635F5-37EE-48BE-BB1F-DF58969E9EC8_zps

CMK's resin is nice but TBH with a Bit of elbow grease the kit parts would look very good as well..

here is the The tub in closeup...

298642D8-4179-4712-A21A-6D923B997711_zps

Detail painting to follow and the fuselage needs sanding back..

cheers

Plasto

2 people like this