Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

Switched Identities   18/06/17

If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area.  Then you should be sorted.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avgas

1/48 KH Mirage F1 B ''33-FS''

Well, the choice has been made. For my first ever GB I'll be tackling this pretty much straight from the box.

IMG_8906.jpg

It'll be done in the following scheme:

IMG_8907.jpg

Roll on the 24th!

1 person likes this

Nice choice of subject Avgas, I like the F1B, very elegant looking aircraft.

Hopefully you'll be able to find a replacement decal for the starboard fin marking.

Welcome to the GB!

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Be aware, KH has forgotten to look at the starboard side of the fin tail... The same decal is provided for the both sides, whereas they are differents !;)

http://bdd.deltareflex.com/photos/highdef/13/13525.jpg

http://bdd.deltareflex.com/photos/highdef/13/13524.jpg

Thanks very much for that - I had no idea. Oh dear KH, why am I not surprised.

Anyhow, I found a pic of the missing decal and it looks as though it may be airbrushable (famous last words).

200-Mirage-F1B-EC-3-33b.jpg

@Wez The first time I laid eyes on the F1B I nearly lost my lunch. I thought it was the ugliest two seater relative to it's single seater counterpart, which I consider one of the most beautiful aircraft ever made. It's grown on me though and I now consider it quite elegant.

Slight change of plan - Gone is straight from the box - the kit PE IP's may just as well have been plastic. They're not very helpful and very much a case of PE for the sake of it IMHO.

IMG_8908.jpg

I've gone ahead and bought an interior set and found a pitot from an earlier build, which I didn't use.

IMG_8910.jpg

Itching to make a start! Unfortunately I'm away for the weekend so that will be Monday at the earliest.

Edited by Avgas

Hi  

SPA 38 Chardon de Lorraine is quite well done on decal sheets so will not be to hard to find. I think some one did that markings on a sheet a few years ago.

Paul

53 minutes ago, PaulT 876 said:

Hi  

SPA 38 Chardon de Lorraine is quite well done on decal sheets so will not be to hard to find. I think some one did that markings on a sheet a few years ago.

Paul

Thanks. I've found Xtradecal 48133 and pulled the trigger on that. I'm now liking the look of the Ecuadorian and Spanish versions included on that sheet :huh:

Edited by Avgas

Ok, what about this crazy option?

A rare Mirage F1BE but instead of the classical three-tones Asia Minor-like paint scheme, wearing the French Air superiority blue scheme ?;)

Only two Mirage F1BE wore this paint scheme for few years only in the early 90s, when they were stationed in Canary Islands ! CE.14-30 and 31 respectively 46-70 and 71.

https://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/19/16/49/95/f-1be_10.jpg

It's disappointing when manufacturers take a half-hearted approach, especially with PE.

I was going to suggest Xtradecal for the markings but you've beaten me to the drop.

The Cocardes monograph provides the differences between most Mirage F1 versions so if you decide to go down the Ecuadorian scheme route check with the collective to find out what the differences are.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Ok, what about this crazy option?

A rare Mirage F1BE but instead of the classical three-tones Asia Minor-like paint scheme, wearing the French Air superiority blue scheme ?;)

Only two Mirage F1BE wore this paint scheme for few years only in the early 90s, when they were stationed in Canary Islands ! CE.14-30 and 31 respectively 46-70 and 71.

https://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/19/16/49/95/f-1be_10.jpg

Interesting scheme, but it's the 3 tone scheme that's tugging at my string :)

1 hour ago, Wez said:

It's disappointing when manufacturers take a half-hearted approach, especially with PE.

I was going to suggest Xtradecal for the markings but you've beaten me to the drop.

The Cocardes monograph provides the differences between most Mirage F1 versions so if you decide to go down the Ecuadorian scheme route check with the collective to find out what the differences are.

The what what now? Is that a book Wez? If so, do you have an ISBN? A google search just seems to bring up a lot of French links that I don't understand. If it's got a lot of info on Mirages then I'd be interested in checking it out.

Follow this link

Text is French with English captions, differences by user, very good reference.

I ordered it and it arrived four days later, very good service.

1 person likes this

That Xtradecal sheet that's where I have seen it I have that sheet also.

Got so many forget what I have most of the time.

Paul

1 person likes this

Thanks guys. Off for the weekend now and looking forward to seeing everyones progress when I get back :)