Okey-dokey...here it is.  This was the first build I have documented and although it is fun and very instructive/inspiring to watch the build-up of others, I found my experience to be tedious.  From now on I will only present for inspection...

Curtiss Hawk III, over Siam.  I have not added the bombs. I may later.  I enjoyed this little model as I enjoy all of Special Hobby's kits.  It went together fairly easily, with a bit of challenge here or there--mainly the struts. The decals were lovely and thin and slid off flawlessly.  

What next you may ask...?  I'll have think on it.  

35397741165_4e9284d56c_z_d.jpg

35397740675_6951317099_z_d.jpg

35397740085_1d0dd94022_z_d.jpg

--John

• Like 21

Very nice!

Hawk III is my one of soft spots in modelling. I have made a scratch conversion for Thai Hawk III from Monogram Hawk II in 1980 :) - still I have this model, I decided to add riging to it and now and currently some painting work is needed to mask traces of this work...Now the three tone camo is accepted (as exponat in Thai Air Forces musem has), those years it was only two tones (I following the Air enthusiast profile ). The S-H kit is great (though small),

Cheers

J-W

John,

That's just lovely.  Great build of an unusual aircraft in unusual markings.  I have some Thai elephant national markings in my spares box that are awaiting a WHIF build.  Your pretty Hawk III is inspiring me to dig them out.

Cheers,

Mark

WHIF - A truncation of "what if".  Essentially an excuse to examine alternate historical timelines and imagine how an aircraft might have appeared if things had worked out differently.  Putting operational markings on a TSR2 is one classic example of WHIFery.