Belgian Hurricane Mk 1 fabric wing.

This is a nice little kit. The Belgian markings offer a nice change of pace to RAF markings and the decals settle down nicely under some Mr Mark decal fluid. I had read of some issues fitting the fuselage to the wing, but some clamping solved any problem there and the fit is actually quite good. I've been buying quite a few of these new Airfix kits and I'm quite pleased with them.

V1cFrbk.jpg

RNTEtR6.jpg

UJrmWpZ.jpg

1Jv5Gc7.jpg

Edited by Brad
  • Like 35

Nice job on that Brad, they do go together quite nicely I reckon, I've done two of them, though I did find the 2nd one, took a bit more fettling in the wing fuselage jon than the 1st one. Nothing too bad though, just a bit of scraping with a scalpel blade on the underside of the wing fillet where it sits on the top of the wing. I like the look of that, I've a Belgian one to do too sometime & yours looks the goods.

Steve.

• Like 1

Nicely done, the belgum scheme looks good. I also like the latest from Airfix, Typhoon is being built atm and I've just picked up the bf110. Hopefully they will do the Hurricane mk2c/d soon in 1/72

• Like 2

Nice choice of scheme, That's a really nicely built and painted Hurricane.

:goodjob: 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 5:25 AM, johnd said:

Very impressive!

Is that the kit canopy? If so, you've got a great fit there too.

John.

Yes it's the kit canopy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Colin1967 said:

Lovely build Brad, looks terrific in Belgian markings too - More please.

Can I tempt you to build an Airfix 1/72 Fairey Battle in Belgian markings to sit along side in the cabinet?

I don't have a Battle kit, but I'm going to a second hand sale on Saturday that has a lot of older models in it, I will keep and eye out for one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brad said:

I don't have a Battle kit, but I'm going to a second hand sale on Saturday that has a lot of older models in it, I will keep and eye out for one.

Good news and good luck in your search for one, you can also get new Belgian decals for it from Kora Models too.  Enjoy the kit sale too, regards Colin.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Colin1967 said:

Can I tempt you to build an Airfix 1/72 Fairey Battle in Belgian markings to sit along side in the cabinet?

Oh yes, I always like that. I built one when it first came out.

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

Thanks for showing one very nicely done Hurricane and with Belgian markings that is. :clap2:A pity all of these were destroyed on the ground, not able to "prove themselves". And it's a shame that the Hurricane is not really recognized for it's role in the Battle of Britain (among others).

Mine (2) are still in the stash. My father keeps nagging "when will you build a belgian plane". Well, 1/72 has become quite small for my "taste" (cough). Airfix newly tooled 1/48 P40 was a joy to build (still got to paint it) so such a ragwing Hurricane, Gladiator or Battle should have some appeal to many of us , please Airfix ..mmmh? Well can't pray too much for a Fairey Fox too, but that would be way too optimistic.

• Like 1