1/72 Airfix De Havilland Vampire T11 Starter Set

Hello all

I picked up this model from my local Hobbycraft, as, for a new modeller, a model and 6 paints, a glue and two brushes to add to the collection for a fiver is a great deal. In all honesty, I did think this would be a snap fit, and I mainly bought it for the paints. When I got home, I was pleasantly surprised. It was not a Snap Fit, but a proper model, with 55 parts, and O was really excited to make it when I saw the paints. 5 out of the 6 paints that were supplied were the incorrect colour, and I was really disappointed as these paints were really very poor, and for my first Airfix kit, I was very shocked. Worst was Humbrol 86, which is meant to be a brown, but it was blue! Still, I did the best that I could, and I have finished the day having built the cockpit with the joysticks. I am not planning to put any pilots in as I kind of messed up painting the pilots, and I would rather have liked to see the seats. I was going to use masking tape for the seatbelt but I decided against it.

I don't really know how to insert images, so I just put them all into an album on a photo website and I would greatly appreciate if you could check out the link. 

Thanks for reading, any advice is appreciated and hope you all have a great day

BetaSingh

• Like 1

It is a great little kit, you should really enjoy it.

All you need to do to put the pictures up here is to copy each picture on your hosting site in turn and paste them here.

Martian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrii

Sorry for the late reply,

I have looked on Scalemates, and I believe that the FROG kit depicts the De Havilland DH100 Vampire, while the Airfix Starter Kit depicts the De Havilland T11 Vampire

Hope this helps

BetaSingh

• Like 1