Gaspatch Henschel Hs 123 A1 1/48th scale

Morning all. This arrived at the end of the week, so its gone straight onto the bench, but first i thought i'd do a video review of whats in the box ( with apols to anyone that seen it on FB already)

cheers

Jonners

Edited by Jon Kunac-Tabinor
  • Like 1

Ay chance you can post that video to a more user friendly site like YouTube, please? Ads on photobucket are overwhelming ... and of course , and ad blockers must be disabled to view your video.

Thanks,

Gene K

21 hours ago, Gene K said:

Ay chance you can post that video to a more user friendly site like YouTube, please? Ads on photobucket are overwhelming ... and of course , and ad blockers must be disabled to view your video.

Thanks,

Gene K

Hi Gene - let me try this evening - I'm a bit new to video hosting etc so will see what I can do

Jonners

• 3 months later...

Afternoon - well after a very busy summer of day job work - it occurred that I should show you where I'm at with this one.  This model presents no vices or real problems of any sort. Some of the sprue attachment points are fiddly to remove, and a few seams needs to be made good- but it's not exactly a challenge to anyone other than a complete novice modeller Id say.

After realising that I should have bought the cooky-cut 3 colour splinter masking set for the kit, when I bought the kit - I decided that I would do it old school style - Tamiya tape - and it's actually pretty simple to do - just time consuming.

ua1HE5f.jpg

PV4Qy0I.jpg

Colours are hand mixed Tamiya/Gunze for the top 61/62/63 top, and Xtracrylix 65 for the light blue. All thinned with Mr Self Levelling Thinners/ Thinners. A few touch ups and I think I can gloss.

Cheers

Jonners 

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I've been toying with getting one of these after the disappointment of my attempt at the Revell (Esci) one (I bought a Vector resin engine and cowling set for it many years ago but when it came to fitting the resin I found that the top cowl part was missing from the pack so I gave up!). This kit looks miles ahead of the old Esci moulds anyway. 

Nice job on the camo scheme.

Duncan B

I bought one of these the same day I learned about it.  Gotta say it looks like a little treasure in the box.  Got three builds going on, so I haven't opened it, yet.  Yours is looking excellent!

Gaz

Edited by Bungalow_Bill
typo added text