1/144 TAAG Boeing 777-300er

Announcing the arrival of Linhas Aereas de Angola (TAAG) Boeing 777-300er from Luanda :

ZUwHadY.jpg

Zvezda's Boeing 777-300er finished off in one of my favourite colour schemes with the help of 26decals.

The model was an absolute delight to build in spite of its size - so much so that I've bought another to cut down into a 777-200 at some stage. Engine detail was excellent as can be seen from the head-on and close-up :

vr7HhcM.jpg

PyCXJ4L.jpg

26decals lived up to expectations - simple to use, even with what must be one of the longest cheat-lines I've ever assembled.

Portuguese titles on the port side :

ZMx9EQg.jpg

with the English version on starboard :

A1JsY8r.jpg

Standard 4 x 4 walk-around :

Xvp3tmq.jpg

jvI50q8.jpg

Cn4EIqk.jpg

KDlK1uI.jpg

and the obligatory "with something else" shot - Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 720 :

zoc6ADu.jpg

Time to head off to the hangar in the loft :

MkymIHq.jpg

Obrigado por olhar (Thanks for looking)

mike

• Like 41

That really is a beauty Mike, like you say, it builds very nicely. Not a scheme I am familiar with but you can't go wrong with a cheatline!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Beautiful!! One of my favourite wide bodied twins (actually, it's my favourite). I love the kit from Zvezda but have hesitated buying the TAAG decals from 26decals, but seeing your trip 7 has made my mind up.

Thanks for sharing your build.

Jeff 

• Like 2

Absolutely sensational build, Mike. I seem to spend a lot of my working life on 777-300ERs of various airlines, and must say that you have captured it perfectly.

Note to self: get on and build the two Revell versions of this kit that are presently residing in the pile....

• Like 1

Many thanks for your kind comments - very generous and much appreciated.

I've also got the decals for TAAG's 707 and 737 but they'll have to wait as other stuff has now jumped the production line queue.

10 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Superb job and flawless finish Mike!

How did you paint the leading edge of the fan blades?

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian. After painting the blades black and allowing the paint to dry, I ran a silver sharpie marker pen down the length of each blade at an angle. Pretty pleased with the way they turned out - not often that I try something new and it works !

mike

• Like 1

wow - that 777 looks superb - the 300ER really is a big plane and your kit really shows off its grandeur - the Revell/Zvezda 777 really puts the old Minicraft 777 to shame and removes all the extra corrective resin costs too

a lovely build there