Mosquito N.F. Mk. XIX

Stein Meum

Hi!

I've acquired the Airfix 1/24 Mossie, and

I'm planning to convert it to an N.F. Mk. XIX.

What are the greatest differences in the cockpit between the Mk.II and the Mk.XIX?

Stein

Edited by Stein Meum

Hi , Stein , The  " G " set for navigation , the Mk 10 tracking radar and the Monica tail warning radar . I have an original Airfix Mossie in this

scale with the conversion kit  for the later N / Fs by Alleycat .I don`t know if the set is still available . Try their website .

Don .

• Like 1

That's the book Steve

It's in Swedish,  but I believe Swedish and Norwegian are 'close enough' that Stein will be able to use it.

also the book below maybe of use, as it has a chapter on the Mosquito, plus information on what equipment was fitted, and some cockpit pics.

Just checked the link, it's still up

HTH

T

51VEzext1nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've posted this before as for the equipment fit, cut n pasted from a previous thread
For ECM aerials and the like you [probably] want the "aircraft of 100 group'' by Martin Streetly, originally a series in Scale Models around 1980 or 81 IIRC, later published as a book.
it was aimed at modellers so has details of what was fitted where, inside and out and camo schemes too.
Long out of print [and expensive used] ,
but pdf's are available online if you search....and before anyone moans it's been out of print for 30 years or more!!!!

Just checked the depositfiles, here - http://depositfiles....files/hbqunyag2 The file is available.

the depositfile is still up, but the site is in Russian...you want the righthand downlaod option, you'll get a pop-up, just click the 'x' on the corner. Then wait 60 secs and fill in the capture code, you'll then get a download link. Its the same as depositfiles in English, I wrot the above in case you have not used depositfiles before.

then do this, click free download, you have to wait a minute, and the enter the 'captcha code', then just follow the instructions.

free download might take 10 mins, maybe less. It's only a 105MB file

it's a .rar file, which means you need to un-rar, win-zip will do this, but you can get freeware called 7-zip which works just fine. google it.

download 7-zip, install, and right click .rar file, extract to wherever you want it.

It's a pdf, you need abobe acrobat or another pdf reader.

If anyone here wants info on all the 100 Group types, B-17, B-24, Halifax, Wellington, Stirling, Lancaster, Mosquito and more.... ever wanted a B-17 or B-24 in RAF bomber camo? Here's your chance wink.png

It's a really really really good book for modeller reference, but very tempting and full of projects.

All those funny aerials.....all over the place, all clearly illustrated.

you have been warned....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A bit off subject but my "Bucket list of builds" includes a #100 Group  B-17. I read an article years ago about a particular B-17 and the photo's had all the antennaes around the Fuselage and particularly the Tail gun position. Well I was hooked on 100 group aircraft and knew i had to have at least the B-17 in my collection. I think the correct term is actually a Fortress Mk. III. 

Thanks guys!

I've found my copies of "Aircraft of 100 Group" and "Confound and Destroy". Lots of info but there are still a few questions to be answered.

After a lot of "trials and tribulations" with Abebooks, I ended up with ordering the book directly from Faust Antikvariat in Gothenburg.

Danish, Norwegian and Swedish are merely dialects and pose no problems in reading.

Thanks for the input on the 100 Group B-17! Somewhere I have some old Hasegawa kits lying around, and one will be a 100 Group Fort.

Stein

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

A bit off subject but my "Bucket list of builds" includes a #100 Group  B-17. I read an article years ago about a particular B-17 and the photo's had all the antennaes around the Fuselage and particularly the Tail gun position. Well I was hooked on 100 group aircraft and knew i had to have at least the B-17 in my collection. I think the correct term is actually a Fortress Mk. III. 

Probably in Scale Models. There is a chapter on the Fortress in Aircraft of 100 Group, including a several pictures. They were Fortress III, a partioal serial number list is included and there were a few with e staggered waist positions and Cheyenne tail as featured in the new Airfix B-17G kit (to be released as a Fortress III anytime now)

• Thanks 1