Shuttleworth Classic Evening Air Show June 2017 (More added.)

Brilliant pics all, nice to see all of those Hurricanes together. That afternoon sun certainly gives the subjects a a golden richness, thank you for sharing your experience. B)

• Like 1

Those are absolutely lovely! The three Hurricanes together and the zoomed in shot of the Hurricane which really shows off the lovely camouflage scheme to effect are my favourites. Looks like it was the perfect evening. Cheers for posting these.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I use two Nikon full-frame bodies, one has the Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S attached, and the other has the Nikon 24-120mm f/4 G ED VR AF-S Zoom.

Was pretty sure the glass had to be good stuff... the detail is fantastic.

I'm using full frame lenses on an aps-c body, i'm ready to upgrade but debating what full frame to get... either way it will be a canon.

• Like 1

Making me homesick.  Used to live just north of St.Neots.  Shuttleworth and Duxford were regular haunts for me in those days.  Seeing two airworthy Hurricanes that flew in the Battle of Britain would be an amazing sight. :(

• Like 1

I grew up in St Neots and never moved that far away. There were always lots of interesting things flying around when I was a kid: Phantoms from Alconbury, Canberras from Wyton and all sorts from Thurleigh. When I was at the Priory Junior Schhol, we'd always see a Monarch Britannia fly over at lunchtime and all through the eighties, there was a Dakota that used to fly over at 9.15pm. I've always wondered what particular aircraft it was.

Across the border in Bedfordshire, we get most things from Shuttleworth, plus things transiting to and from Duxford. Around 2.20 am there's a Night Express Short 360 that flies over. I always listen out for it, as I'm usually awake.

I shall definitely miss it when we move away.

• 4 weeks later...