4/7 update.

Assembling tracks, shells etc. Repetitive and rather boring. The shells improve the looks of ready racks though. long tail to aid trench crossing added. Doesn't improve the midget's appearance though, plug ugly little French beastie:

DSCN5145.jpg

DSCN5146.jpg

DSCN5147.jpg

DSCN5149.jpg

DSCN5150.jpg

DSCN5151.jpg

DSCN5152.jpg

:penguin:

• Like 8

Coming along great Julian

When you look at it siting on your workbench with the paint jars behind it does not look to be taking up as much table space as HD Judy or Buttercup did

As usual a top job on the interior weathering love the worn look you get on your builds

beefy

• Like 1

You are certainly getting a taste for the uglies!

Not getting a sense of scale here Julian any chance you could put a figure next it.

It doesn't matter which uniform he/she or it is working :winkgrin:

Kev

• Like 1

21 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Coming along great Julian

When you look at it siting on your workbench with the paint jars behind it does not look to be taking up as much table space as HD Judy or Buttercup did

As usual a top job on the interior weathering love the worn look you get on your builds

beefy

It's a very small creepy crawly Keith, I'll take a pic of this little thing next to HD Judy when things get tracked up.

Thanks, glad you like the paint job.

:D

9 hours ago, longshanks said:

You are certainly getting a taste for the uglies!

Not getting a sense of scale here Julian any chance you could put a figure next it.

It doesn't matter which uniform he/she or it is working :winkgrin:

Kev

Looks that way doesn't it Kev? Had to have this one and quite impressed with detailing and fit so far. I'll add a figure to the next photos to give an idea of the scale, I think you will be surprised how small the little mite is,

:nerd:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Very nice, engine looks so niiiiice...!, :popcorn:, cheers Julian

Thank you Francis, really shoehorned into the rear end of the tank isn't? Getting to looked quite cramped now

;)

7/7 update.

Tracks ready for painting. I painted the idler wheels with oils for a wood effect as seen in several photos of the FT. I will be painting the other side of the wheel in camo and maybe the wood effect will also disappear under camo.

It was fun trying this out though. Herman the German (who missed the great purge on the "Night of the wrong uniforms" to star in another build) gives a good impression of how big, or better said how small the FT was.

DSCN5154.jpg

DSCN5155.jpg

DSCN5156.jpg

:penguin::penguin:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, longshanks said:

OMG I've seen/built bigger go karts

Herman certainly puts it in perspective

Kev

Yes, Herman is suitably depressed after having to hand in Buttercup and HD Judy to be able to drive the mighty midget. Puny little thing isn't it?

Strange that all things tracked and with turrets can trace there DNA back to this little tracked flea.

Fun part is still to come though: the dazzling French camo (which will explain in the clearest possible way why the French have never won a war):

Gallic Wars
- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. [Or at this time in history, a Roman -ed.]

- Hundred Years War
- Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Italian Wars
- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion
- France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War
- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution
- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War
- Tied

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War
- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession
- Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution
- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars
- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War
- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I
- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States [Entering the war late -ed.]. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

- World War II
- Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina
- Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion
- Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism
- France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

P.s. before my house gets invaded by the Foreign Legion this is meant as a funny......................................................................................................

• Like 7

Good luck with that. Hang on! Is that an Exocet that I can hear inbound?

Nice job on the Billy cart. Are you going to enter that in the Red Bull Racers?

John.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Good luck with that. Hang on! Is that an Exocet that I can hear inbound?

Nice job on the Billy cart. Are you going to enter that in the Red Bull Racers?

John.

Could well be an Exocet John, think I'll head down to the bunker.

This amazing piece of high tech armor is of course endorsed by the Ferrari International Assistance, better known as FIA. It has special fenders fitted around it make incoming German drivers bounce off again without damage to car or reputation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

............ah, yes, but will they be able to stand the hardship of a 10 second stop go penalty?

Well, maybe not a 10 sec stop and go but they can always find a gearbox change (this is of course according to the rules).................................................

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kris B said:

Those wheels looks excellent.

Thanks Chris, they remind me more of a wooden shield than an idler wheel. Think I'll leave this effect on the backside (fnar fnar) of the wheels though, put camo on the front.

9/7 update.

Second attempt on the big idlers. Tried the camo yesterday but was rather disappointed with the result so stripped the wheels with meths this morning and redid the job. Like this more:

DSCN5157.jpg

Also bought this for the stash yesterday:

DSCN5158.jpg

;)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

As always I can not help but wonder how small some vehicles were, very good progress.
Your stash does not stop growing
Mrs. Gremlin...:fight:, nice purchases ...:envy:

Cheers Julian :D

Thanks Francis, hard to realize the FT is the great great great grand daddy of the Abrams tank.

My stash, er, yes, Mrs. Gremlin56 very definitely :dalek:

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 12:18, Gremlin56 said:

Also bought this for the stash yesterday

3 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Also added a rather nice model from Meng

:hmmm:I can see a theme developing here..............

I can see where you're going buddy. Number of 1/16th kits cleared off the shelves

Buy 1/35, 1/2 the size but 1/4 of the volume. Can get 4 times as many kits in same space

Cunning, very cunning

Titch now looking like a demented toboggan

Kev

PS Does anyone else find gremlins pics take ages to load?

• Like 1